research providers

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Redwing, 18th Jun, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Does anyone use or recommend a research provider other than say Commsec or ETRADEor your brokers research etc who form part of your DD?

There's a plethora of them out there and this time of year seems to bring them out; with the great Growth of late in the Market many have good results and are doing well.

I've looked at I4P, WiseOwl, Eureka Report, Marcus Today etc etc

This also came through today

The Australian: Caught in the net: Online tipster gives the blue-chips a shock [ 10feb07 ]

2. coopranos

coopranos Well-Known Member

Gday mate hope the new property is going well!
    Have you considered following a reputable newsletter with a solid track record? Something like (not an endorsement or recommendation at all, just an example) Fat Prophets? Perhaps find one with an investment style that suits your own ideas? If they are reputable, chances are they have a good team working on the due diligence and analysis. Just another option that you might consider.
    Just a tip from Van Tharp's book "Safe Strategies to Financial Freedom" - if you are going to follow a newsletter, follow EVERY recommendation, dont pick and choose.

3. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Thanks Coopranos,

The BrisVegas IP is going well with the one next door on the Market for around $250k I believe; we picked ours up for $234.5k in Feb, rent was $260 p/wk and looks to increase to $290 to be in-line with current market rents as the lease expires

As for Von Tharp, he obviously hasn't seen some of these research providers that recommend two or more stocks every week ;)