Join our investing community

RG146 complaince and Diploma of FP

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by ParaplanR, 8th May, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ParaplanR

ParaplanR New Member

Hi All,

I'm currently studying a Diploma of Financial Planning with Kaplan and looking for Paraplanning jobs.

Many of the jobs state both the following as a requirement:

-RG146 compliant
    -DFP or studying towards

I was under the impression that you need to complete the entire DFP in order to gain RG146 compliance? yet the above appears otherwise.

Other jobs also state RG146 as a requirement and don't list the DFP.

Could anyone please provide some clarity here as I cant find anything specific to my question in the forums.

Thanks

2. Terryw

Terryw Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. Some Dips are not compliant and it would be possible to become compliant without necesarily finishing the diploma.

3. ParaplanR

ParaplanR New Member

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your response.

The course I'm doing is compliant as I checked on ASIC.

How would one become compliant without finishing the Diploma? The reason I ask is that the sooner I am RG146 compliant the sooner I can get a job, so would be great if I could get this before completing the course.

4. Terryw

Terryw Well-Known Member

A diploma may contain several subjects which are not needed to comply with RG146 but are required to be finished to get the diploma. This is often the case with the university courses.

RG146 courses take a few days to complete so all you need to do is find a course you can complete at your own pace and just crank it out - most of them only contain the essential elements.