Join our investing community

RG146 foundations of Financial planning

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by Maask, 17th Nov, 2010.

1. Maask

Maask New Member

17th Nov, 2010
    Hi everyone
    i'm just a beginer of RG146 and currently working on the foundations of financial planning. I have a few questions wanna to ask:

How many MC questions in the exam ?? (There are only 15 practice question online)

Some question about the assignment do not have enough information to complete. What is the standard of passing the assignment?

What is the most efficient way to complete the RG 146?
  2. serge g

serge g Active Member

16th Oct, 2009
    Hi there,

The FFP exam has 40 multiple choice questions, pass mark is 32. Do the practice exam to get a feel for what the questions are like. All the assessment structure information is in the introduction to the subject notes.

The assignment is deliberately missing information - one of the questions actually asks you to identify the information that's missing that as an adviser you would need to have to make a recommendation - i.e., if a client came to you and gave you this fact finder, what questions would you need to ask them to get enough info to prepare the SOA? It's supposed to replicate a real advice situation and the actual problems that you might have.

The standard for the assignment is pretty much what is presented in the case study, maybe a bit less. It's entry level - they don't expect complex calculations or foolproof projections so don't go overboard. Everything you need is between the covers of the book.