ETF Russell High Dividend ETF

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by benbegg, 6th Dec, 2010.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. benbegg

benbegg Active Member

I am trying to find what the estimated after-tax dividend will be on this fund. Anyone found this on the Net? I know I could work it out by taking the stocks that make up the fund and work out their weightings, calculate the respective yields and then deduct the management fee, but I thought it might be recorded somewhere?

2. FrugalPoodle

FrugalPoodle Member

3. benbegg

benbegg Active Member

4. Waimate01

Waimate01 Well-Known Member

Interestingly, only 8.8% of the dividend is franked. It's 89% tax-deferred. I don't understand why this is the case, given it's major holdings are the banks and BHP. Makes me go 'hmmm'. It will be interesting to see how SYI compares in due course. I was averse to RDV simply because I found their communication style somewhat sketchy, but now I've got two reasons :)

5. jabba_jones

jabba_jones Active Member

I'd say its more of a function of timing of income recieved & distributions paid. The fund started in May from what I can tell just after banks distributed, Westfield have done a distribution in this quarter and is around 30% tax deferred, it probably holds other LPTs also.

for the original question:
    Probably too early to tell as it hasn't been running for long. All you can do is look at the capital / income components and apply your tax rate on them. With the last distribution being ~90% tax deferred you wont have a tax liabilty on this portion of income until you sold your units as the cost base is reduced by the portion of tax deferred.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia