Join our investing community

Sage Sentinel Stock Software

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Johnnie, 13th Jan, 2009.

1. Johnnie

Johnnie New Member

Hi folks. I'm new (Sydney based) and was wondering if anyone had heard of a company called Sage Sentinal P/L, 1/19 Darby St, Newcastle. They called a few days back and were trying to flog stock market software for $8K. There is no website listed and info/details seems sparse. Has anyone heard of them??

Best!

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

No.

Where did they get your details from Johnnie?
    Take care when it is a company you haven't heard of before.

Cheers,

Dan

3. Johnnie

Johnnie New Member

A marketing list I think. Yes, being prudent is wise, hence the post requesting info. Thanks for responding.

4. johnel

johnel New Member

trading software

Don't waste your money on it.
    If you need software there are well known companies such as Bourse Trading.
    that are much more reasonable.
    Reghards Johnel

5. Young Gun

Young Gun Guest

If you like snake oil and magic beans I'd go for it.....:p

6. Splitpin

Splitpin New Member

I also have been approached by Sage Sentinel. My questions and reluctance to engage the marketing push resulted in the offer of half price for software up front with a written guarantee of no more to pay if I don't achieve $20000 profit in first year. They will not provide any details of company or software. It costs money for a company search so haven't tried that angle.

7. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Get a few books and learn how to trade.

Trading Systems: Introduction
    http://www.articlesbase.com/investing-articles/selecting-the-best-stock-trading-software-426989.html
    Also: MetaStock Primary Distributor, MetaStock charting software with Free history, Stockmarket Data & Multimedia Training

8. rhonda lewis

rhonda lewis New Member

Sage Sentinel

I know someone who has just parted with $8,900 to Sage Sentinel. Their package (CD and photocopied user manual) arrived next day. There was a change of heart and the purchaser opted to change his mind using the normal "cooling off" period as his right. Sentinel said he couldn't do that, Visa could not cancel the payment as "it is partly processed". The purchaser is now putting his case to Trading Standards. Sage Sentinel told him they do not have a website, they only issue 300 of their investment packages and have only one way to do business, payment up-front! Hope this helps. Rhonda

9. Suspicious Steve

Suspicious Steve Member

I've also been approached

I seem to be lucky that I have an astute accountant. I was looking to invest with my smsf money but was a little hesitatant. I'm convinced now NOT to go ahead. Just waiting for the fireworks when Paul from Sage Sentinel Pty Ltd calls me back on Friday. I'll let you know what happens.

10. Suspicious Steve

Suspicious Steve Member

Just updating the information on the call on Friday I had from Sage Sentinel. The original salesman was not the one who called, but he did say that Paul is in a meeting and will be unavailable all day. I asked the new salesman if I could have a free trial of the software? The reply of "Is there a red cross on the information brochure?" rang true of all I had read on other forums. The initial salesman is not the one you can deal with all the time. The red cross (indicating a charity) was another line that has been used by members of other similar businesses, namely Dales. The 400 licences only have been available for the last 4 years it appears as well. Needless to say I didn't purchase this software.

It appears my suspicions were correct and I'm glad I found this forum and others to convince me to look more carefully into these sort of businesses. Thanks everyone.

11. dodgethis

dodgethis New Member

Hi all, i paid for software from Walker Thompson pty ltd in June 08. Its no good and ends up being a really bad charting program. The deal is a total scam and searching on the internet for Dales pty ltd , Pcaa , Walker Thompson and Sage Sentinel Pty Ltd you get the same smell from all of it.:(
    These guys know the ropes really well i was hammered into a purchase for $4500 and they said 'his name was Paul too' that once i made a profit of $15000 from an investment of $2000 within 12 months then i could pay the balance owing of $4400. I did a pretend run with the software and went broke.

12. Shashi2u

Shashi2u New Member

:(
    I had the similar experience, when I guy from Sage Sentinel called to offer the software for $8900.
    He also claimed that the software can be offered to only 300 customers in Australia. When I said that the price is too high for me, then he offered that I can pay 50% on signing and pay rest 50% after 3 months only if I make $10,000 profit from the stock market.
    This sound like a great idea, but when I thought seriously, I realised that the guy will make $4,450 straight away from me and what happens to me in the next 3 months who cares. They will be lucky if I really made huge profit from Australian stock market (very unlikely) and pay them more $4,450.
    My only advise to patrons is think hard before you start your portfolio with minus $4,450 and chase for profit from the declining markets.:(

13. Brian Hand

Brian Hand New Member

Sentinel....!!

Hello All......my first time here. I am here after being approached by Sage Sentinel. I was busy when they called the first time..(this is after receiving their brochure)....but they had my attention on the second call....after receiving unsatisfactory answers to a couple of pointed questions....the "heat" was turned on me !!! what a joke !:)...nasty little group !

Anyway.....glad to be a part of what appears to be a lively discussion forum.
    Brian
    Condo

14. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

15. kalinda

kalinda New Member

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,
    I have been telephoned (2 days running) by the bloke below, realy hard sell and too good to be true. After turning him down twice he still wants me to call him back tomorrow with credit card details for the $8900.00 purchase price of the "trading licence"

Jonathon Burton
    Consultant

SAGE SENTINEL PTY LTD
    PO BOX 1819
    NEWCASTLE NSW 2300

PH: 1300 884 380
    FAX: 1300 884 385

16. Rebeccaphoenix

Rebeccaphoenix New Member

Refund Investigation

Dear All,

REFUND INVESTIGATION: If you believe that you have have been decieved and should receive a REFUND please contact us. We investigate these type of false representations and assist with obtaining a REFUND. Feel free to contact us on 1300 550 475 to discuss a possible solution for you!

We are compiling a "class action" so to speak in regards to Walker Thompson and Sage Sentinel, by compiling a brief to various departments and authorities. We are also taking action thru the Small Claims Tribunal.
    The more people who get involved, the more sucessfull, and less costly it will be for everyone in the long run.

If anyone has any information, or would like some more information, Please contact us - 1300 550 475

17. Suspicious Steve

Suspicious Steve Member

I don't know if this helps, but if you search ASIC, Sage Sentinel Pty Ltd is listed as operating in Lismore NSW. If you require any more details of my dealings with Sage Sentinel, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for your help

18. toastieman

toastieman New Member

Sage Sentinel

Hi all, i too have been called several times by a mr JAMES BRADLEY SAGE SENTINEL PTY LTD PO BOX 1819 NEWCASTLE NSW 2300. offering me the same deal $8900 up font for an end of day trading licence then offering the
    50% now and 50% in 18 months if i make $15000 profit i havnt had the funds untill now but after having read these threads im not going to entertain the thought of going broke for them so thanks all who have posted.

19. concerned1

concerned1 New Member

Sage Sentinal

Yes I have also been called as others have above. I must say I was considering doing this with the offer of paying the 50% upfront fee $4500,and once I make $15,000 profit I could pay the balance of the fee... Sounds almost too good to be true hey! When I said to him that I thought it was a scam he got very annoyed and gave me a story of some other guy that's making heaps of money...I am expecting a call again soon as I said I needed to sleep on it! The ones who tried it I'm fascinated as to what is so special about the program ?? I think if you had a Commsec account wouldn't it do basically the same thing?? :confused:

20. Augustusoz

Augustusoz New Member

Sage Sentinel, JBC, PCAA, CFS, GSI, etc

Don't spend your money on any of the above programmes. Every one of them is a scam. :eek:

See the blog Qohel for more information, and stories from people who have been caught.

I intend to ask A Current Affair or Today Tonight to investigate these fake share - stock - price prediction programmes.

if you have been caught by JBC, CFS or Sage Sentinel,etc, and would be willing to share your story, please visit Qohel and either comment or contact me via email.

Thanks,

Peter