Search for real estate by rental return

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by broadscott, 25th Nov, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. broadscott

broadscott Active Member

Does anybody know a website that allows you to search for real estate by rental return? I know I can do this manually, however, it would be nice if there is already such a search engine out there.

2. jonas

jonas Member

Hi,
    I came across this website a couple of weeks ago. You can create an "Free" acount which will show you the Listed Price and Market Rent.
    I can't verify "how good or reliable" the website is as all I have done is browsing it.
    high capital growth investment properties | property

Cheers,
    Jonas

3. Chomp__

Chomp__ Well-Known Member

investsmart.com.au in the property section will show suburbs with highest or lowest yield if thats any help.

4. broadscott

broadscott Active Member

Awesome website - thanks Chomp!

5. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi Chomp

I generally find the best way to ascertain true rental return for the area and type of property you're interested in is to actually ring around a few PM's in the local area and enquire that way. You also get to find out about vacancy rates and likely types of tenants. Most PM's are only too happy to help out with info, especially if you let them know you'll be needing a good PM :)

The trouble with statistics is the way they're collated. Always try to find out how and where the numbers are collected, as this can make big differences and produce anomalies that skew the figures.

Remember too, that yields are only averaged, and not always indicative of the specific type of dwelling that you're interested in purchasing.

6. Chomp__

Chomp__ Well-Known Member

Yes I agree with you Jacque, broadscott as with alot of things don't rely on that site being Gospel. Some of the data is way off but its not too bad sometimes.