Searching for an accountant to establish an alliance

Discussion in 'Business Accounting, Tax & Legal' started by Andrew Newman, 4th Mar, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Andrew Newman

Andrew Newman Well-Known Member

Hi,

My name is Andrew Newman and I am the owner of CMP Financial Planning, a privately owned and operated financial planning services company, based in Moonee Ponds, which is 5km north of the Melbourne CBD.

I am searching for an accountant in Melbourne that would like to establish an alliance with a financial planner, where we would refer clients to each other. The referral fees and potential new long term clients could make a working relationship between the two businesses a profitable venture.

Please contact me on 9372 7955 to discuss this opportunity.

Kind Regards

2. Andrew Newman

Hi

Thought I might try giving this thread another chance.

If there are any accountants in Melbourne that would like to establish an alliance with a financial planner, please contact me on 9372 7955 to discuss this opportunity.

Kind Regards

3. Superman__

Superman__ Well-Known Member

Andrew,

Have you considered advertising in an accounting industry magazine such as Charter?

It may generate more responses.

K.

4. Andrew Newman

Hi K

Great idea that I will follow up with the advertising people at Charter.

Are there any other accounting industry magazines that you know of?

Kind Regards

5. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

Andrew
    Look in the yellow pages for someone local to your area and then approach them. Someone will be interested

6. jabba_jones

jabba_jones Active Member

Hello Andrew,

Good to see you're trying to get out there and grow your business. However I suggest you be even more proactive and get in front of accountants rather than hoping they will come to you through this forum. For this I strongly recommend networking meetings.

I have attended some BNI meetings before, and used to regularly attend similar networking groups (ones with reasonable membership fees!) Might be a good idea to go along to a few chapters around your area, generally first breakfast is free, and then you can take it from there if you 'click' with the group.

Here are two chapters that may be of interest:

BNI 3004
    Meets: 7.00am, Wednesday
    Parkview Hotel, Melbourne VIC 3004

BNI Advantage

Meets: Tuesday, 7.00am - 8.30am
    Shine Cafe 74-76 Kingsway Glen Waverley VIC 3150

Other chapters can be found at: BNI Melbourne Central & West - Business Networking and Business Referrals - Business Network International

Also recommend attending chamber of commerce meetings / seminars / breakfasts (even random functions at venues such as Bureaux with the aim of networking and meeting either potential clients / joint venture partners. This way you're getting in touch with people who actively want to grow their business.

Lastly I have attended a few NSW Small business breakfasts, I assume Business Victoria does similar. These also allow you to meet other like minded (proactive) business people and possibly learn something from their guest speakers.

Cheers.

7. Andrew Newman

HI jabba_jones

Thank you for the information.

I have tried some of the ideas you have suggested while I will give the other ideas a chance and see what happens.

Kind Regards

8. Superman__

Superman__ Well-Known Member

Any luck Andrew?

I don't envy you as almost all accountants now either have an existing alliance with an accountant or the accountants have tacked on financial planning to their existing practice.

Maybe you need to differentiate yourself some way in terms of you expertise or services - will create more opportunity for you.

9. Andrew Newman

Hi Superman

I am in the process of establishing alliances with several accountants.

There are accountants out there who don't provide financial planning.

There are also accountants who don't have a strong referral relationship with a financial planner.

Cheers

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.