Security Deposit not released

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Nikkie69, 8th Nov, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nikkie69

Nikkie69 New Member

I am a fairly new agent. My first transaciton was with family and I represented the seller. The buyer did not close escrow because the loan they initially qualified more had a condition on a pending job (they were rellocating). I talked to their loan officer and she was able to get them a sub-prime loan, but the buyers refused because their payment was to high. Long story short, we did not close escrow. Now they want their deposit back ($2000) and a contingency removal had already been signed. According to the Title Co. they can't release the funds without signatures from both buyer and seller. Any advice would be appreciated, I am in California. Thanks.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I'm not sure if there are too many people here who can help with your problem - this is primarily an Australian based forum, so there's not many people with experience in US real estate.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia