Sell PPOR to Trust

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Triu, 4th May, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Is it a good idea to sell my PPOR to my Trust then rent back from the Trust? An invest the money in Shares and Managed funds. As the money would be tax deductible it would free up more capital to invest.

Any ideas or comments and direction, please am learning alot from you guys!

2. DaveA__

DaveA__ Well-Known Member

The biggest major issue with this is you will lose your main residence CGT

other issues are land tax, some states will charge land tax if it is held inside a trust even if it your PPOR, (some give you a reimbursement). Stamp duty again will be have to paid, mortgages re issued, limited ability to use an offset account

plus the market rate/rent and arms length transactions...

unless your of a profession likely to get sued i wouldnt try to do it...

3. PiggyBank__

PiggyBank__ Member

This is only possible under certain conditions - if your trust is able to borrow and buy the PPOR off you. If its an HDT variety and you are negative gearing its not allowed and the ATO will coming knocking your ppor door ...

PB

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia