Share price ticker

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Rod_WA, 10th Jul, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rod_WA

Rod_WA Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can download a share price ticker, that can live in the bit of Windows XP where the clock is? (next to the clock at bottom right, with the mini icons etc).

I'm looking for something that can give me the All Ords or ASX200 (20 min delay is fine), so I can glance at the market.

Yep, before you say. "Busted!" - I plan to do this while at work, but I reckon a quick glance every half hour or so is much less impact on my day job than opening a browser and downloading a page, getting sidetracked and reading every article from a few dozen bookmarks...

Is there such a tool? (I don't want the Google sidebar).

2. bundy1964

bundy1964 Well-Known Member

Download Yahoo! Widgets 4 for Windows or Mac

Works on a 20 min delay and has an icon alongside the clock, I can fit 36 stocks/indexes with 35 of the easily readable on my 20WS monitor. Default also has a photo app, a clock and weather.

Takes a bit of setting up and after that it's fine, just use that and the weather app. I don't realy need it having a live price feed but it looks pretty when its showing green and not so good when mostly red like today was.

3. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

What Bundy Said...

Select say AGO or CUO :D then insert .ax (Australia) and Shares, World Markets and hit "search" it will then show the stock and you can choose it to be added to your stock ticker

When you click on the stock in the ticker it will take you to Yahoo Finance Charts; The BETA version is not bad as free charting software

You can move the stocks in your Stockticker and adjust them in any order you like (I have mine as those I hold and then a watchlist) and have the DJI stting on top which finished at 13501.70 -148.27 or -1.09% down for the day

4. Bantam Roosta

Bantam Roosta Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I had never even heard of this type of program. Another gismo to add to the clutter. At least I don't have to waste my time logging into the stupidly ridiculously slow 'sometimes I'll work, sometimes I won't' Commsec site unless I'm actually buying.

BR

5. Rod_WA

Rod_WA Well-Known Member

Thanks bundy'64 and redwing. Just what I was looking for.

6. DaveA__

DaveA__ Well-Known Member

yeah thanks guys, its now a new addition to the desktop

You know how it shows the + or - of the price movement, is there any way to change that to the % change for the day, or is there anyway in the table of stocks to make it shorter???

Cheers

7. transit

transit Well-Known Member

thanks guys, nice find!

does anyone know how to add the all ords index to it? Is there a code for it?

cheers

8. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

If you want the ASX200, you add:

^AXJO then select indicies

9. Bantam Roosta

Bantam Roosta Well-Known Member

It should be there by default. The stock code, price and amount moved is all shown on the same bar, then the % move is shown in green or red next to that. I didn't have to do anything for that option, that's how I got it and there don't seem to be any options to have it any other way.

BR

10. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Thanks Glebe

I couldn't work that one out, I've now added it and dragged it up under the dow for interest sake