Join our investing community

Show of hands (how many are studying)

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by CJ. Wentworth, 11th Mar, 2009.

?

What subject are you up to?

Poll closed 9th Apr, 2009.
  1. Subject 1: Entry Level Competencies

68.4%
  2. Subject 2: Risk Management

21.1%
  3. Subject 3: Investment Planning 1

5.3%
  4. Subject 4: Superannuation and Retirement Planning

5.3%
  1. CJ. Wentworth

CJ. Wentworth Well-Known Member

Just to get a basic idea of how many people here are studying.

Hopefully we can drum up some discussion rather than have people coming in and 'just' asking questions (not that it's a bad thing).

I've made the poll public so people will be able to see how you voted. Obviously the total amount of votes will give us an indication of how many people are studying.

What I'm hoping to see is how many people are actively checking out this section of the forum (and hence see how well discussion groups would work).

Last edited by a moderator: 11th Mar, 2009
  2. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

I'm currently studying through 'RG146 Training Australia' and their modules have different names but I'm assuming similar content in each. I'm just about to finish the first one (DFS 1) today and then start the next one tomorrow.

3. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi CJ,

That's a very very narrow selection to choose from.

More specifically it only is talking about Diploma in Financial Services (Financial Planning). There are many more courses available from different educators. The DFS (FS) is the minimum requirement, hopefully someday soon ASIC will realise that an open book test is a poor way of testing someone's knowledge.

I've currently got three subjects to complete for my B Bus (FP) from RMIT.

Cheers,

Dan

4. CJ. Wentworth

Hi Dan, I completely agree and it was only after I posted the poll that I realized the lack of options.

However to justify the poor choice it seems as though most of the people who have visited this sub-forum are studying DFS. However I would like to at least add the option of Other/Qualified/Advanced Study to get an idea of how many *have* studied.

5. CJ. Wentworth

@Shady thanks for voting!

How have you found the study? On a side note, 4:33am! You earlybirds are crazy

6. Nuri Birer

Nuri Birer New Member

ELC Assignment Re: Vince and Zelda

Hi CJ, I think you already have got PDF for this one. So I do not need to attach it again if I have any questions later on. Correct?

7. Shaunus

Shaunus New Member

I am currently doing a Masters in Finance through UTAS. Mostly because I am too young to go any higher in the management platform, so I figure I will get the certificate while I wait.

8. CJ. Wentworth

Nuri, that's correct I do have the PDF :).

Although it seems the 'I'm Stumped' thread has picked back up which is awesome. Young Gun is a gem and helped me through my ELC assignment (maybe not directly, but the information and help he gives is spot on)