Join our investing community

Sick of property!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jacque, 23rd Jun, 2007.

1. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Is it possible?! As of this weekend, I am officially sick of talking/thinking/discussing real estate- this has to be a first for me :D

Along with work keeping me on my toes, and looking for clients every day, I'm also scouting for a JV project locally, helping out a friend who's selling her home, as well as preparing my own house for private sale and searching for my next PPOR. I'm sleeping, eating and dreaming property at the moment- do I need an alternative or what?!!

Perhaps all the activity has been the catalyst for my decision this week- to (finally) enrol in a creative writing course, something I've been meaning to do for some time now....

Perhaps too much of a good thing can be overwhelming at times!!

2. DaveA

DaveA Well-Known Member

with someone of your knowledge of the Sydney market, it would be extremely a loss to the industry to see you change fields... however a creative writing course could only help you in real estate path, some houses just need some great "creative" wording to help sell time...

However it could be seen as a sign the nsw market is picking up if you’re being run off your feet, something which will be of great news for us all...

Everything will slow down eventually, you certainly do seem to have alot on your plate so best of luck...

3. perky

perky Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need a new hobby to me :)
    You know golf is a fun game to play to let out those frustrations Jax :D

4. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

A new hobby? Geez.... how would I fit it alongside my tennis?! :D

I was having an overwhelming week - that's all. Have relaxed appropriately now on the weekend and am ready for real estate again :) Such is the nature of life! I guess we all go through hills and valleys of tolerance!

Inspected a great renovator on Saturday and am all enthused again- now just to wait and pick it up for a great price :D I'm hoping the subsidence cracks in the walls and doorjambs will put other buyers off.....!!

5. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

Jaq sick of property? What is this topsy turvy world???

Glad the aliens brought the real Jaq back again!

btw I thought you were pruning your portfolio, not building it up again...the property bug is just too strong eh?

6. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

I can't imagine that we'll loose JP to property after all the effort she's put into building up her business , But people always have to kept in mind . Is property a means to an end or the end it self .

For me it's always been a means to an end . I'm in the process of closing my business to work for someone with less hours and certainly a lot less stress because financially I can afford to do it thanks to property.

I've completed my first on line song writing course in the first half of this year ( I've been writing for close to 20 years , but never seriously ) and I'm about to book regular studio time so I can start recording some decent demo's . Interestingly the US version of Idol had a songwriting contest in the last season ......

Cliff

7. MichaelWhyte

MichaelWhyte Well-Known Member

Though you spend a bit more time in the Hills than most... ;)

Where you looking for the next PPOR Jacque?

Cheers,
    Michael.

8. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

... ahh, but are your songs about property and property investing ? Best of both worlds :D

Congrats on finishing the course Seech ... looking forward to seeing your name listed next to some hit songs !

9. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

Well done Seech... I'm sure you're just a hit song short of an album.

Keep chasing your dreams! Then we can all say we knew you before you were famous...

N.

10. See Change

I get an occasional idea from all the motivation stuff going around.

Listen
    Do wah Do
    Do you wanna know a secret ..... :eek:

Sim , I seem to remember you're another aspiring muso from the forums and I know there are others around.

Once I've got some decent recordings I'm going to set up a web site etc though I have no intentions of performing myself , purely as a promo vehicle for my songs .

Already have the name cliffturner.com reserved ;)

On a purely financial basis I'd probably be better putting all the money I spend with songwriting onto the next powerball draw...:D

Cliff

11. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

Perhaps you could start a band "Landlord and the Tenants"?

12. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Yeah, and interestingly I've done my fair share of song writing too ... we had a hit at high school with the song "Is it true ?", which I wrote the music to from words written by our lead singer and bass player (I played keyboards). Got played at a few school functions and a couple of parties too.

I shudder whenever I think about it now - was quite corny - simple tune, but surprisingly effective. However, it was nowhere near as popular as our cover of Motley Crue's "Smoking in the boys room" (which always seems to go down well with the school kids).

I also wrote quite a bit while studying music at school in year 12 - but that was mostly contrived stuff written for examinations rather than for fun or entertainment.

I do experiment a lot still (mostly discovering interesting chord progressions ... I think I'm a frustrated jazz pianist who never learned how to actually play jazz!).

13. See Change

Used to be in a band called " Questionable Motives " and one called Night Shift . Changed that when a typo appeared with the f missing ....:(

Cliff

Last edited by a moderator: 25th Jun, 2007