Managed Funds Site update?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Smartypants, 17th Oct, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Smartypants

Smartypants Well-Known Member

Hi all.

Is the navrainvest site updated daily?

In particular, the Investorserve section.

Just wondering if the figure being shown today has allowed for the most recent distribution, or is that still to be accounted for?

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

What figure specifically are you looking at ?

The unit prices are accurate as of the date displayed on the site ... after the distribution there is a delay of a few days while they calculate everything, but then the unit price starts getting updated again ... not long after the end of the quarter. Any unit price after the end of the quarter takes the distribution into account - it has to ... since the distribution is part of last quarter's figures.

The unit prices are generally updated the following day, usually around early afternoon (but sometimes later). So by about 3pm today (Tuesday), they had the unit price for Monday on the site.

3. Smartypants

Smartypants Well-Known Member

Hi Sim.

The figure I was referring to was the overall holdings figure (not unit price).

Was wondering if the figure shown in Investorserve has already had the distribution amount deducted from it.

I know that my margin loan site (BT) is a little behind compared to NavraInvest.

Thanx again

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Ahh yes, well I'm not sure how often the details in InvestorServe are updated.

They do seem to be a bit slow at the moment though - last quarter's distribution isn't showing up in the payments section for me. I don't reinvest, so I can't tell how soon they include the additional units if you did ... I generally thought it was done relatively quickly in the past - but things don't seem to be up to date at the moment.

I suggest you give NavraInvest a call and ask about this ... I think InvestorServe should be the most up to date source of information - otherwise what's the point of that online service ? :(

Margin lenders typically take a while longer to update their details - especially when reinvestments occur. I remember Leveraged Equities taking a few weeks to get the updated unit holdings figures after a reinvested distribution in the past.