Well, I attempted to upgrade the site early this morning to the latest version of the forum software. Unfortunately, while the forum upgrade itself worked without a problem, there were some major problems with other parts of the site. I did expect there to be several things that required additional attention, but there was some rather fundamental problems that I simply couldn't work out quickly - and I didn't want to leave the site offline for that long. I've reverted back to the way things were prior to the upgrade and I'll spend some time investigating the problem on my test server. I'm planning a re-design of the site anyway, so I'll now probably do both the upgrade and the redesign at the same time. Sorry for the outage this morning - was much longer than I had hoped.