Join our investing community

specific PS146 study discussion (kaplan)

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by smoke_dogg, 10th Jul, 2008.

1. smoke_dogg

smoke_dogg New Member

hi all

does anyone know of a site/forum/etc where people are discussing specific topics (eg assignment, exam prep etc) within the ps/rg 146 course?

i have hit some walls and wouldnt mind talking things through with other students like we all did at school and uni

cheers!
    smoke doggg

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

There's enough people here who are already licensed or are currently studying towards becoming licensed financial planners - I thought it was probably worth while adding a specific forum area for discussion about it all. Hence the RG146 (PS146) Study Group!

Sorry it's not something I can help with specifically - not my area of expertise (although I should probably do the course one day!)

3. smoke_dogg

smoke_dogg New Member

Thanks Sim

I guess ill start it off with the specific stuff (DFP1 – ELC), my case study is about ‘Vaughn and Marissa’, my problem questions are :

Q2 – Client Interview & Data Sheet. The extra questions to be asked to clarify the 4 sections of the questionnaire, I am coming up blank regarding ‘personal balance sheet’ – it looks fine to me and I have spent literally hours going over the numbers.
    Q4 – Strategy recommendations. I can come up with the ‘how and why’ re each strategy, but not sure how to set this out, eg it says ‘approx one page on each strategy below, mark allocation 7’. So are they expecting 7 pages of text here??? Seems a bit over the top considering each strategy can be summarized in a paragraph or so (this is entry level remember!)

Look forward to any replies!

Smoke Doggy Dogg

Ps to add to the ‘how to study’ type threads, I don’t do any study at all when I am home. I have been coming into the office on weekends to do the work as being here puts me in the right frame of mind and it all seems to just flow out nicely…. Compared to home where I just end up watching tv or something.

4. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Smokey,

You'll find that mark allocation 7 means that particular question will give you up to 7 marks. Ie, if they give you 4/7 you've scored 57% for that question.

Cheers,

Dan