Speculator - David Haselhurst

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Alwayslooking, 23rd Jun, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Alwayslooking

Alwayslooking Well-Known Member

Hi All

Does anyone here know anything or interested in his tips??

'Never fall in love with a stock’ - Eureka Report

I was watching a show/TV a couple of months ago where they interviewed a number of investors who purchases spec shares he tipped over the last 12 months with great results.

He now writes column for Money Mag. I will be keen to see how his tips perform over the next 6 months.

Cheers, AL

2. Waimate01

Waimate01 Well-Known Member

Hasselhurst wrote for The Bulletin for decades, and is legendary. His tips usually revolve around punts on "penny dreadfuls". He has such a large following that his tips seem to be self-fullfilling. Acting on his tips (at his price) is pretty much impossible, because by the time you hear about it, the price has already moved.

Hasselhurst doesn't act on his own tips (if he did, he'd be the richest man in Oz by far). Presumably he doesn't do so because otherwise he'd run afoul of the regulator in some way. His picks should be seen more as entertainment, than the basis for your own portfolio management.

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

“Never fall in love with a stock. Take your profits. Don't trust a company website”.

Well said. Nothing new here.
    Never fall in love with a stock (take your profits & don't trust a company website) = One of the most basic rules in investing/trading.
    :cool: