Spreadsheet for Tracking Funds?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Redwing, 12th Sep, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Redwing submitted a new resource:

Spreadsheet for Tracking Funds? - Spreadsheet for Tracking Funds?

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Sep, 2016
  2. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

What are the key things you want to track RW?

You can download unit price info from NI's website, but I gather you want some form of individual portfolio tracking?

If you can list the things you want to track/calculate perhaps we can knock something up as a collective project ;) .

Cheers
    N.

3. Redwing

Good Idea Nigel

I'm not interested in Daily Fluctuations, so it would be based on Purchase Priceand costs/fees if applicable, 1/4'ly distributions or Reinvesting Price, LOC or Margin Loan Monthly Repayments etc..

Here's a basic Sheet I used in the past re: Shares

Attached Files:

4. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

I track it daily and also track my net profit after my borrowing costs. Here's my spreadsheet which I post the graphical updates from regularly here.

Cheers,
    Michael.

Attached Files:

5. KevinH

KevinH Well-Known Member

Far out Michael....
    You're in the wrong game buddy.
    Lotsa number crunching going on there !!!

6. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Yeah I know. ;)

I'm nothing if not passionate about my investments! :D As complex as it seems, its a relatively easy update on a daily to weekly basis. Takes me five minutes and allows me to see trends and relative performances and net income impacts etc.

Just wait until I turn my full attention towards property development. Look out!!

Cheers,
    Michael.

7. Redwing

:D

WOW..

Great Spreadsheet, but far too complex for what I was looking for, maybe when I get my first distribution from NAVRA I'll have more of an Idea?

I'm looking Long term and just wanted a basic "holding" sheet to see what I hold and the purchase price paid, an approximate value, return on investment per 1/4 or annualised, Interest payments for the LOC etc..I've only started out small in NAVRA to test the waters at this stage and see how i can cover costs etc before I look at anything further..

8. gad

gad Well-Known Member

G'day RedWing,

Have been umming & arring about posting this one up for a few days ..................
    Just a basic spreadsheet, nothing complicated.
    I suggest you print this out, in colour, so you can see exactly what's going on (you may need to study it for a little while).
    I started this one early in the piece to give a computer illiterate friend the info, hence the cell references.
    Have been adding to it ever since. It's a short & far less complicated version of my daily spreadsheet.
    Things are not quiet as rosy at the moment (for me) but going on your original request, it's probably something like you were looking for.
    Mind you, I would recommend you do your own spreadsheet & don't rely on this one, as you will need to insert your own data & be able to expand the spreadsheet as & when needed.
    Hope this is of a little help.

(No doubt I'll regret posting this up tomorrow when I'm sober he he)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: 18th Sep, 2006
  9. Redwing

Many thanks gad

Certainly food for thought, I'll spend some time reviewing the spreadsheet today.