Steve Navra Course

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Triu, 16th Oct, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Hi i was wondering has any completed the Steve Navra course and was it helpful!

thanks

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I think you will find that a lot of us here have completed the 2 day weekend course that Steve runs (or some other variation that he sometimes runs in other states).

I personally found the course to be very helpful ... as did my wife.

3. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

I liked it so much the first time I took my wife along to a second course a few years later.

I noticed the course has evolved over time and is, in my view, really one of the best value for money courses around. Rather than merely focussing on one aspect of investment e.g. renovation, finance etc, Steve lays out an overall financial strategy utilising optimised investment structures.

If you're in Sydney why not come along to our InvestEd Live seminar this Thursday night. Whilst it will be quite different to Steve's courses, it will give you a taste of what to expect. *EDIT* Just noticed the WA... well why not come anyway??? :D

Cheers
    N.

4. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Nigel thanks for the great short notice invite! Bloody living in WA where most people just don't care about the future of investing. I would love to be over there doing the course. So you believe it helps you set a course of where you want to go!

I know where i want to go but just know how to get there if that makes sense.

Still learning alot though!

5. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

6. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Triu, I think RedWing, Chris_R and others might suggest otherwise ;) (apologies to anyone else I can't remember who else is in the West :p )

I think the answer to whether the "course" is worth doing is kind of intertwined with is the 'strategy' any good, from your other thread :

http://www.invested.com.au/forums/2/navra-strategy-1224/

Triu, all I can say is try to overcome the tyrrany of distance and head East for a course or do your bit to lobby for a Steve Navra trip to WA.

At best, you'll spend $180, at worst, maybe $1,500 (incl. Air and Accom). At either figure, if you're one of the 20/80 Steve talks about, you'll recoup that spend many times over. :D

Best of luck in your travels :)

Cheers
    Carl

7. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

As opposed to most people who come away thinking his course was fantastic, I thought it was alright/pretty good. Still worth the money, it doesn't cost much.

But at the time I did quite a bit of research of Navra's methologies via his Somersoft posts and the info off the website (which has since been pulled), so the course felt like a refresher rather than an eye opener.

Steve's a slick presenter, he's a charismatic guy.

8. TryHard

Fair point Glebe. I shouldn't make out anything is the 'be all and end all' just 'cos I enjoyed it. ;) Still one of the many 'must do events' out there in my book though :)

9. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does everyone hate working in a govt job! Getting told what to do is very hard and getting worse. It is like school all over again! Is mortgage broking a good job hihihihi! :confused:

10. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Yup, Steve generally isn't a "jump on the latest bandwagon" type presenter like many others around are ... he's been giving the same basic presentation for years now - it has evolved over time (and again more recently to include more tax planning), but is still fundamentally the same method with the same basic strategies.

11. TryHard

There is nothing wrong with Government jobs Triu, if you can ignore the fact the Govt's involved. :D

If you think mortgage broking is a walk in the park in comparison, then I suggest you close a few deals with someone like Rolf Latham and see how much work he has to do to get you over the line for the best deal. The guys who abseil off the 50 storey office buildings cleaning windows have it easier :p

I believe the idea of doing something you love and success will follow, is more useful than trying to find a tolerable career which just seems better than what you have ...

12. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Thanks Tryhard! yeah you are quite right, I just have to patient until i have money to leave the job and then live off my investments. Then i would like to dedicate my free time to others!

13. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

The days of easy money for brokers are gone. Less loans being written and some very experienced brokers on the scene. To start off today and build a client list with no experience would be very difficult unless you had very above average marketing skills.

If you truly want to be doing broking then go for it. If your enthusiasm is not 100% then it is probably not the easiest of money:)

14. TryHard

You never know mate - as long as you follow your real passion .. maybe there is a part time business that can happen concurrently with your govt job while it grows - that's how I started our business, snuck away and did a few emails and mobile phone calls on the side till it grew enough to wave goodbye :D. Stay motivated - its one of the biggest assets :D

15. NickM

NickM Well-Known Member

16. Chris.R_WA

Chris.R_WA Well-Known Member

Nick for WA

Nick, I vote for you to come to Perth as well! Its a great place as I'm sure everyone keeps telling you :)

Plus, doing my eTax is driving me nuts!

Cheers, Chris

17. Mark__

Mark__ Member

Steve Navra Sydney Course

While we are on the subject ......

Steve will be holding a "Optimising Investment Structures" course on Saturday 11th November at the Vibe Hotel in North Sydney. It will be just a one day affair starting at 9am and run until 5pm.

The evolution of this great education continues with the addition of a new component on tax minimisation!

Those wishing attend should go to Navra Financial Services to download the registration form and fax to the office.

The last course for Sydney for 2006!