Join our investing community

Steve Navra has returned

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Steve Navra, 23rd Jan, 2006.

1. Steve Navra

Steve Navra Well-Known Member

Dear Members,

I am pleased to announce that I am finally back in circulation.

PLEASE except my sincere apologies for my extended absence . . .

This past 7 months has been very difficult for me as a result of a severely traumatic family circumstance. Without going into personal details, the worst of this is seemingly over and so my time is slowly becoming freed up for me to get back to work and to devote some much needed attention to the forum.

I had hoped to start contributing earlier (whilst taking a break these past few weeks) but candidly I was just too exhausted and needed the time out to recharge.

Please forgive me for the absence . . . I am committed to InvestEd and will very soon be fully involved on a daily basis.

Sincerely,

Steve

2. MrDarcy

MrDarcy Well-Known Member

Maybe it's not just the InvestEd software that needs an upgrade :D :D :D

3. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Welcome back Steve.

:)

4. MichaelWhyte

MichaelWhyte Well-Known Member

Steve,

Really sorry to hear that you've had such a tough time of it. I'm sure everyone here would join me in wishing you and your family all the best in what is obviously a tough time for you.

Ease back into it, and remember that work is always secondary no matter how passionate about your work you are. :D Having said that, you've been sorely missed and its great to have you back onboard again.

Regards,
    Michael.

5. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Welcome back Steve, sorry to hear about the personal issues.

6. Rick

Rick Well-Known Member

Likewise Steve. Hope things are becoming a bit more rosy. :)

7. Stevec

Stevec Member

Great to see you back Steve. :) All the best for the year ahead.

8. Leandro

Leandro Well-Known Member

Hey Steve,

Sorry to hear about the traumatic family experience. I hope things will improve for you as the year goes on.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts! :)

9. Here_To_Learn

Here_To_Learn Well-Known Member

Steve, welcome back and I look forward to reading some of your entertaining and educational posts. :D

Hope all is well with the family and remember to TAKE IT EASY !

10. Steve Navra

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the kind sentiments . . . I will slowly ease back in. (ENOUGH of the taking it easy though!!)

I spent a fair bit of time reading all the previous forum posts that I missed whilst AWOL.

Soooooo many questions (which is good) BUT very difficult to know where to start!!!

PLEASE may I ask everyone a BIG favour??

Can you please post and ask ANY questions / queries again . . . STARTING TODAY'S DATE. This way I will have a starting point and can address ALL of them from now.

(In other words I will reply to all posts from today’s date.)

I have set up a process to have FULL CLIENT LIAISON support on the FORUM, from NavraIvest. Starting Monday Bill De Steiger (Managing Director) and Theresa Cowley (Client Liaison) will contribute and answer NI specific posts . . . especially as regards product detail, shareholder issues et al. I will OF COURSE still address ALL these issues from a philosophical and structural point of view.

There have been many questions ... even some of a negative nature, which is not necessary because the fund is going well. (I take the blame for some measure of the frustration . . . because I have been absent.)

My family court case occurs on 15th Feb (if no further postponement) and I will be FULLY back to normal after then.

In the meanwhile . . . please start posting from today.
    I AM AVAILABLE :)

Kind regards,

Steve

11. MichaelWhyte

MichaelWhyte Well-Known Member

Steve,

I know this is a NI question, but could you please clarify this for me:

http://www.invested.com.au/forums/showpost.php?p=3697&postcount=28

Basically, I was struggling with the concept of "unrealised value". I personally believe the under-performance evidenced in the graph in the linked post is "locked in" but would like confirmation of this.

Supposing it is, my next question would be:

Is the NavTrade Retail fund unsuited to the current "straight up" market conditions and should I be looking to diversify my equities portfolio across fund managers to gain an exposure to growth oriented funds?

I love NavTrade and I love Navra as a collective group of firms, just need to look after my own financial situation as best I can. If I can expect NavTrade Retail to consistently under-perform the index in the current market conditions then I'll need to expand my horizons.

Many thanks,
    Michael.

12. Here_To_Learn

Here_To_Learn Well-Known Member

Thanks Steve.

Do you want us to ask all the questions on this thread or can we assume you will answer questions on all threads starting from today ?

Many thanks !

13. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

I would go with the latter option, HTL, as questions that others may be interested in will tend to get lost if we confine them all to this one thread.
    Ask away!

14. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

That's something you really should be discussing with your f.p.

Mark

15. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Welcome back Steve :)

Hi Steve

Welcome back, and I am very sorry to hear about the family situation. Hope it sorts itself out soon and '06 looks on the up and up.

Could I respectfully suggest someone trawls the forum for the unanswered threads in order to close them off in a logical manner ? Otherwise it will make for confusing reading historically, with some questions unanswered and others repeated.

To try to save some trawling (and because there is nothing good on telly), here are some of the issues about NI I believe are kind of unresolved from an InvestEd perspective :

http://www.invested.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=563&page=5&pp=15 (NI performance vs S&P200, AGM info, Dow Fund, uptake of share offer)

http://www.invested.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=448 (update on share offer and Dow Fund)

http://www.invested.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=486 (request for minutes / details of AGM)

http://www.invested.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=617 (fee structure for US Fund)

http://www.invested.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=618 (extra shares for original applicants)

http://www.invested.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=569 (missing performance commentaries on NI website ?)

http://www.invested.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=441&page=4&pp=15 (clarification of when and how to expect communication for NI on InvestEd) - which I guess you just answered earlier in your return post :)

I hope that helps by maybe only needing to post one answer and point the relevant threads in the right direction. I may have missed some threads, but they're the ones I know of.

Cheers
    Carl

16. Steve Navra

Hi Carl,

Thank you so much for doing this . . . it is a big help to me.

I think it best if I link into the posts that you or anyone else highlight (trawl) in their original section. . . this will be less confusing.

I have spent time reading these posts this afternoon and now I am making a start on as many as I can get to at a sitting.

Thank you all for your patience . . . I will do my best on a daily basis . . . and then hopefully after the 15th Feb (assuming no postponement) I should be able to have fully worked through the backlog and start some original posts of my own :)

So here goes . . . see posts and answers in there original forum section.

regards,

Steve

17. TryHard

Fun on InvestEd

No worries Steve. Happy to help - I know what it's like to return to the old To Do list. Never nice :)

Cheers
    Carl

18. Steve Navra

Heeeeeeelp!!!!

The more I read . . . the MORE to do :eek:

SUGGESTION:

Please can we do an InvestEd day . . . Q&A

I will be available with slides; trading system; whiteboard and all the answers :D

Anytime, anywhere . . . PLEASE :cool:

Let us just do this . . . I will never get through all of these posts!!!

For the "out of towners" . . . we will find someone diligent (Nigel you are seconded here!) to take notes and post commentary.

May I suggest that a post be started that lists ALL questions (One line questions :p ) . . . so that I know exactly what to cover and so that nothing is left out!!

Sim' please can you help organise this?? (I will cover costs!!)

Help guys . . . I feel like I am sinking in a quagmire of keypads and typo-phobia!!!

Regards,

Steve

19. TryHard

Stopping so soon ?

Geez Steve - you were nearly halfway there ... you've already answered two of them :) Keep up the great work ;-)

20. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Steve - how about we sit you down, put a microphone in front of you, and bombard you with pre-prepared questions ? Then we can slice-and-dice, and create downloadable audio "interviews" (podcasts) of it all.

That will take a bit of organising from our end though - so don't expect it in the next few weeks :(

In the meantime Steve - just answer the posts one at a time - don't try and do them all at once !!