Stocks still face deflationary collapse...

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by Tropo, 17th May, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

2. joanmc

joanmc Well-Known Member

Blimey Tropo that's a bit depressing isn't it! (pardon the pun:D)

I find depending what i read I am swaying between crazed optimism and selling the lot and going to live in the sticks!. It is surely a crazy ride we are on at the moment. Thanks for the link...very interesting.

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Some commentators may be right or wrong.
    The key to the successful trading is to follow your own tested and proven system no matter what.
    Below link may help you ....Enjoy reading!! :p
    Art of Trading - Chris Tate

4. joanmc

joanmc Well-Known Member

Hey thanks Tropo that was a great article! I already knew it though:) I think success in most things is because of your mental state. And definitely money management. I guess I have developed my own system which is working well for me, but I think I had already done the hard yards with my previous investing journeys.

I find when I read the negative articles my knee-jerk reaction is pack it in, and the opposite with positive articles. But that is just my first instant, I never act on them until I have assessed my situation AND whether after examination I actually Believe the article! There are way too many gurus and experts out there at the moment for my liking and all they do is stir the ignorant masses.

That's my rant! Thanks again for the article. keep post'n 'em.:cool:

5. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

I was doing that a lot as well about 6 - 12 months ago, so I just spent months and months immersing myself in information about the state of the world and now I am finding that more than anything I could care less what the "gurus" are saying and I'm spending much more of my time just following the data that is being released because I can now form my own opinions from the data without anyone else biased commentary because I understand world economics and all the data at a much getter level now.

So, from my experience, the best solution to a swinging opinion is just more information and a better understanding.

:D

There are indeed way too many gurus, though the really tragic thing is that the ones that are generally pushed by the Australian mass media are the have a long track record of getting their projections wrong.

Personally I don't see a lot wrong with reading the opinions of others, the trick is finding out whose opinion is worth listening to. The other unfortunate thing is that those whose opinions are really valuable, are often also quite expensive...

;)

The article also mentioned gold being not all that crash hot right now. I am actually very interested in see how gold goes over the next few years if we do hit a deflationary period. It will be very interesting to see if price deflation will be greater than the increase demand for gold given the lack of financial stability that will result from a deeply deflationary recession.