Join our investing community

Studying Tips (Kaplan Course related)

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by CJ. Wentworth, 29th Jun, 2008.

1. CJ. Wentworth

CJ. Wentworth Well-Known Member

Hey guys, as per my last thread I have enrolled in the Kaplan DFP course and p to module 8 at the moment.

Module 1 and 2 were immensely difficult to get through. I guess it was due to my 5 year break from any form of official study. I flew through 3-7 as they were interesting and easy to immerse myself into, 8 not so much.

What are any tips people have to help with study?

I've found that walking to work and reading the modules works very well. My walk is ~30mins, no busy road so I don't have to pay too much attention to them, and I get through a module every couple of days.

Are there any methods that work well? Flashcards/Programs such as Mnemosyne?

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi CJ,

Usually I try and find a quiet place at home, if you can't find one the local council library could help (also if your a ratepayer it's good to get something for your quarterly council rates).

Cheers,

Dan

PS Not so sure about walking/reading at the same time, just make sure no idiot runs you over.

3. baobaolan

baobaolan Member

yes, I agree.