Super Frustration!

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by Johny_come_lately, 21st Dec, 2010.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

Hi,

I had a job today. I had to get as many Super product disclosure statements, as possible. Because I needed them on short notice, I couldn't get them mailed in the post. You'd think it an easy task. Walk into a company, reach out hand, get statement.

But No. Walk into company. Talk to knowlegeless assistant, wait. be asked about rollover (must be my grey hair), explain I want a new account, refuse an appointment with their financial planner, wait. explain why I want a new account, wait. Have the financial planner come out. Get product disclosure statement. Ask planner for business card.

This was repeated over and over. No wonder everybody just signs up for the industry super fund, given out by their new boss.

It would be brilliant if Sim could make a Comparesuperfund.com.au to find your desired Super company.

My 2 cents,
    Johny.

2. explosiveanthony

explosiveanthony New Member

Hi Johny,

You should definitely check out the pds's online <insert super fund website here>. Most of them would have them.

Having said that, talking to a financial planner can be a good thing to make sure your on the right track.

If you want more information re super funds you should check out the latest issue of money mag "the best of..." or have a look at Welcome to SuperRatings.
    Just some suggestions

Regards

Anthony

P.S
    Have a Merry Christmas