Join our investing community

Sydney Investor Meetup

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by Simon Hampel, 18th Jun, 2008.

1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Okay - after being pestered to organise regular social/networking gatherings in Sydney, I've created an account on Real groups make a real difference - Meetup.com to use as a tool for announcing and tracking get-togethers.

So I am happy to announce the creation of the Sydney Investor Meetup group and our first gathering at the Bull & Bush hotel in Baulkham Hills on July 5th.

Please visit the group home page and sign up for an account with meetup.com (it's free). You need to join and RSVP so we know how many are coming and can book enough tables at the venue - you can choose to be notified about future events as well.

Sydney Investor Meetup (Sydney) - Meetup.com

We'll arrange regular social events in various parts of Sydney - any suggestions for venues or activities would be welcomed (anyone interested in a Cashflow 101 games night?).

Feel free to pass on the information to anyone who may be interested - I'll be posting this information over on Somersoft too.

2. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Very cool idea- and best to have one place to check for RSVP's too :)
    Hope to see some investors at these meetups- the food and drink are very good at the Bull and Bush (veal is especially delicious!!) and well worth the trip. See you on July 5th

3. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Sounds good. I'l be there.

Steve

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Reminder everyone - the meetup is this Saturday. Please sign up and RSVP (even if only "maybe") so we can finalise numbers with the B&B by the end of the week!

Look forward to seeing you there ... I'll make up some Meetup signs so we will be easier to find:
    [​IMG]