Join our investing community

Sydney social gathering - Sun 20th April

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by Simon Hampel, 11th Apr, 2008.

1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

I've decided we need to get back into regular social / informal networking gatherings. I think they are an excellent way to stay in touch with each other.

I've made a booking at Phillips Foote restaurant in The Rocks, Sydney for lunch on Sunday 20th April.

I'll be there from about 12 noon in the courtyard area (I might do up a couple of signs). I have booked a couple of tables in the name of Simon.

For those who haven't been there before - Phillips Foote is a pub/restaurant which has cook-your-own BBQ facilities plus a carvery.

See their website for location and menu details: Welcome to Phillip's Foote Restaurant Website

Please reply here if you intend to come along, and how many people you'll bring (you can bring family and friends if you want) ... I just need a rough idea of numbers so I can confirm the booking before Sunday.

(PS. my wife is away visiting relatives that weekend, so I'll probably be there most of the afternoon if you want to turn up later. There's always other cafes and restaurants nearby if we want to keep going for dinner :D )

2. Simon Hampel

Sim' wonders where everyone has gone ... is everyone away on holidays or something? :rolleyes:

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Investors are tired. Some are dead tired.
    Wait until the next bull run.:p

4. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Hey Sim :)

Good on you for organising this- you know how much I love a social event but I'm taking my mum out for lunch this Sunday for her birthday- otherwise we'd have been there. Have fun!

5. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Sim,

I think its a great idea as well though I already have a family thing on.

Cheers,

Dan

6. Simon Hampel

Okay - looks like I need to give people more notice for a Sunday lunch event. No problems.

Anyone free Friday or Saturday night this weekend instead - maybe we could do the Bull and Bush Hotel in Baulkham Hills?

If not - I'll look at booking something for a couple of weeks time with more notice.

7. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

I think it's wise, Sim, given most people's hectic calendars these days, to plan at least a mth in advance. How's May 16 or 17th at the Bull and Bush?
    I'm in :)

8. Simon Hampel

Okay - I'll cancel the booking for Sunday ... I always knew is was a bit of a risk trying to schedule something so soon.

I'll re-post an announcement about something for May as Jacque suggested.