Tax Accountant in Canberra?

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by investitor, 13th Jan, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. investitor

investitor Member

Hi all,

After a couple of years I am back on these forums. In the meantime I managed to pay off the car loan and a signficant part of the home loan, while also saving some money for an investment property.

I am considering making a move on buying an investment property this FY, and am looking for an accountant that can give good advice in the Canberra area. I was wondering if there are any recommendations in this regard?

Thanks!

2. investitor

investitor Member

I can't believe that no one knows of a good accountant in Canberra...I guess it's not a place as big as Sydney or Melbourne, but I expected to still have a few members from this neck of the woods...

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Sorry - my original accountant was in Canberra (even though I live in Sydney), but he sold his practice to one of the large accounting firms and customer service went out the window. I now use Nick Moustacas from Strategic Wealth Management.

If you can't find a good accountant in Canberra (sorry I don't have any recommendations), perhaps give SWM a call ? You can do 99% of your accounting via email / phone anyway - no need to be physically close.

4. investitor

investitor Member

Experience with SWM?

Thanks Sim,

Provided they can deliver good services, I am open to the suggestion. What are the experiences of other members with SWM?

5. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member