Join our investing community

The beauty of paint-by-numbers investing

Discussion in 'General Investing Discussion' started by Tropo, 28th Jan, 2009.

1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

The beauty of paint-by-numbers investing

The method is not complicated. It uses only two factors - economic growth and inflation.
    Based on these two, it divides the investment environment into four periods, each of which favours a different investment category.
    Here they are, free of charge:
    reportonbusiness.com: The beauty of paint-by-numbers investing

2. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

I like the principle though you need to be quite a forward thinking individual, as acting once the data is confirmed (normally a few months after events) the majority of gains have already been made. So in that sense it would appear to be a strategy for the forward looking economists who are willing to sit down and project the likely results of present circumstances into the future. I think these two paragraphs sum it up:

I tend to agree with this assessment of moving from a weak deflationary period into a weak high inflationary period as a result of high volumes of printing in the US along with continued increased pressure of limited commodity resources in the not too distant future (6 - 18 months). I think bonds for the most part have run their course there isn't a lot of upside to them anymore.

I'm interested to read what everyone else is predicting for the future.