The beauty of paint-by-numbers investing

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Tropo, 28th Jan, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

The beauty of paint-by-numbers investing

The method is not complicated. It uses only two factors - economic growth and inflation.
    Based on these two, it divides the investment environment into four periods, each of which favours a different investment category.
    Here they are, free of charge:
    reportonbusiness.com: The beauty of paint-by-numbers investing

2. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

I like the principle though you need to be quite a forward thinking individual, as acting once the data is confirmed (normally a few months after events) the majority of gains have already been made. So in that sense it would appear to be a strategy for the forward looking economists who are willing to sit down and project the likely results of present circumstances into the future. I think these two paragraphs sum it up:

I tend to agree with this assessment of moving from a weak deflationary period into a weak high inflationary period as a result of high volumes of printing in the US along with continued increased pressure of limited commodity resources in the not too distant future (6 - 18 months). I think bonds for the most part have run their course there isn't a lot of upside to them anymore.

I'm interested to read what everyone else is predicting for the future.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.