The Holy Grail :)

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 21st Apr, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Any takers for one of my latest requests from a potential client?

She wants a "postively cashflowed" property in Sydney (before tax) with predicted solid cg of at least 8%+ over the next 10 years :D
    Oh... and it needs to be in a good suburb close to transport and not too far from the city.
    Budget $500-600K

When I managed to recover from falling off my chair with a mixture of disbelief and laughter (that this was a real request and not just one of my investor pals playing a joke) I did inform her that I would gladly pay her double my fee should she find me something that fits this category!!! ;)

I think she got the idea ;) but, hey, if anyone wants to show me something to prove me wrong, feel free folks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: 3rd May, 2006
  2. johnnyb

johnnyb Well-Known Member

What about a couple of car paking spaces in the CBD ? :rolleyes:

3. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

they pak your car in Sydney now? must save a lot of space.

4. johnnyb

johnnyb Well-Known Member

That will teach me to write posts in a dark loungeroom while watching Unit One (a great SBS drama series, for those who don't know - I only watch about 1 hour of TV per week (apart from Play School some mornings when I'm not working) and this show is it).

John.

5. -T-

-T- Well-Known Member

Actually....hehe :D

I purchased a commercial/industrial property last year, 1400sqm floor space, in Sydney, extrememly long-term tennant, returns about $61k/yr inc GST, 5% increase per year, paid $550k, hoping it will be revalued any moment now at $700k+.

I guess the catches are that it isn't in such a good suburb (not that bad though) and she would have had to pay me $250k finders fee if she wanted it. :) Also, I put an option on it about a year before that, so the growth isn't really only 6 months in the making, more like 18 months.

If only I could find another :(

6. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

And I guess you're expecting 8% cg p/a as well? ;)
    Sounds like a great deal, though, seriously. What made you select commercial over residential? Was it purely yield?

7. Tom&Don

Tom&Don Active Member

Look harder ??

8. -T-

-T- Well-Known Member

Probably not 8% now, but I think cg will be ok. I personally think commercial cg can be just a good as residential cg. We have another commercial in Sydney in the same area as my parents' PPOR. The commercial has done better over 15 years. There are no odd facts here, just a standard factory and a standard house with standard valuations.

Peter Spann gave out some stats the other night to support this too. I can’t vouch for his stats, but he seems to know a thing or two... or he was trying to sell a thing or two. :)

To be honest, I had no idea what I was doing when I bought that commercial.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia