The new real estate trends that will drive price growth

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Simon Hampel, 26th Nov, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

http://blogs.domain.com.au/2009/11/the_new_real_estate_trends_tha_1.html

2. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

Sim

All these factors are high up on their requirements list when people are looking to buy a property.

The trouble is though that real estate agents already know the benefits of a location and they price the properties accordingly.

For example, the street I live on is more expensive than streets further away because of it's proximity to the shopping centre.

cheers

3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Nothing really new in this article, though the ethnic factor is only going to become more prevalent, as immigration levels increase here in Australia. Some asian cultures already dominate Sydney suburbs to the extend that it's more difficult to get a local "people-dealing" job in the area unless you speak mandarin/cantonese/korean etc. I've come across many REA's who work in suburbs such as Chatswood, Epping etc who confirm this - very much a sign of the times.

I don't know about Taj Mahals appearing en masse in these same suburbs, however! Local councils do have strict building guidelines and will ensure streetscapes remain of appeal to all- not just a handful.