The Property School - views and opinions?

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Ash_, 15th Dec, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ash_

Ash_ New Member

Hi,

I've been interested in property investment and development for about 4 years now. Im currently in uni and in no position to enter the property market yet but i was wondering what peoples thoughts were on the Peter Koulizos founded Property School. I live in melb so would go to the course at vic uni but understand its held all over Aus.

Has anybody completed this course? and was it more suited to the beginner or advanced investor? I dont want to save up $2200 to be told stuff i already know or be hit with info only for the seasoned developer. Im sure it would be beneficial either way i just wanted peoples views on the course especially those who have done it or know somebody who has. I want to learn as much about property investment and development as i can before i begin so im well prepared. Are there any other short courses in property development and investment? I understand this course is university endorsed but im not sure what benefit that is really. Anyway any info is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou
    Ash

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I don't know anything about the guy or his course - so this is not a comment about them.

What I do know is that there are hundreds of books out there and other resources where you can learn for a lot less money. In my opinion, $2200 spent on books and such (and hanging out on free websites like this one) will get you a much broader and more diverse education than any structured course.

It kind of depends on what you are looking to achieve. If you want to work in the property industry, then paper qualifications might be useful. If you want to be a successful investor - self education and some personal experience will teach you far more (in my opinion).