Managed Funds The unofficial Navra performance tracking thread

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by MichaelW, 20th Jun, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Hi coopranos,

I've thought about that and for myself in my position, the greatest advantage I get from investing in the Navra fund is that it helps with serviceability. I can use the income stream from Navra to increase my serviceability in the eyes of the banks. Something I can't get putting money in growth funds (hey, I freely admit it doesn't make a lot of sense, but since when do banks make sensible decisions?).

We've had situations in the past where a client was walking a tightrope serviceability wise and we got it over the line or were able to squeeze that extra bit of equity out because the client was using some of the money to purchase Navra. I'm actually in this position myself just now and am really focussing a lot of attention on the fact that I have that extra income stream there.

Re: using the margin loan - I invest very aggressively and my LVR is almost always hovering around 70%. Note that I also have a hefty cash reserve to take advantage of opportunities as they arise.

Mark

2. tailcat

tailcat Well-Known Member

Coopranos,

I understand what you are doing, but would you mind explaining the actual mechanics of the procedure?

Tailcat

3. coopranos

coopranos Well-Known Member

Dont want to hijack this thread any more than I already have, I will start a new one!

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I think I may close this thread - it's become a bit too cumbersome. Feel free to start a new #2 thread if you want Michael.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.