Join our investing community

Three leading Aussie stocks dependent on China

Discussion in 'General Investing Discussion' started by twisted strategies, 23rd Jan, 2020.

1. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

Three leading Aussie stocks dependent on China

( DYOR )

i hold BKL

first off with China i believe the train has left the station and India ( Vietnam and Mexico ) is where the high growth ( higher risk ) is

BKL i orginally bought in Oct 2013 ( around $22.50 ) however the SP took off , so at the time swapping the ( then ) $125 BKL shares for more than 3 times the niumber of WES shares ( BEFORE the COL spin-off ) just made good sense to me

i have since bought back into BKL ( not as many as originally ) for an average SP of $81.50 , , but the swap to WES was the good opportunity taken

i looked at the China milk craze and bought CLV. ( av. SP 24.5 c ) ( instead of the 'exciting stocks ' in milk sales )

there has been pressure on BKL to do a share split say 1 BKL into 10 new shares , BKL has resisted this pressure , now while the share price MIGHT go up ( APE did a share split and the share price rose as much as 5 times the new share price after a 1 into 5 split ) but realistically the company earnings don't change much because of share splits ( or consolidationds ) it is share trading action that moves share prices in the current scenario ( and does that really matter to the hard-core investor )