Join our investing community

Top 10 Holdings

Discussion in 'Managed Funds & Index Funds' started by perrycomo, 12th Sep, 2009.

  1. perrycomo

    perrycomo Member

    Joined:
    12th Sep, 2009
    Posts:
    10
    Location:
    nsw
    Hi There
    Does anyone know where i can find the holdings for managed funds apart from investsmart which shows some funds as of Dec 08
     
  2. Johny_come_lately

    Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    1st Jul, 2009
    Posts:
    703
    Location:
    SE Queensland
    Hi Perrycomo

    CFS has the top 10 companies by percentage available, for all their funds as at 31 may 2009. Go to the option profile & commentary @ colonialfirststate.com.au


    Cheers, Johny.
     
  3. Simon Hampel

    Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

    Joined:
    9th Jun, 2005
    Posts:
    4,619
    Location:
    Sydney, Australia
    Are you looking for information on a specific fund, or for all funds in general?
     
  4. perrycomo

    perrycomo Member

    Joined:
    12th Sep, 2009
    Posts:
    10
    Location:
    nsw
    Hi Sim
    Im interested in Australia mid/small companies and Australia large growth. Ive actually gone ahead and bought Challenger Wholesale Small Companies (mer .95)through raboplus with 20 % of my holdings the other 80% seems to be heading to CFS Australia Share Fund Core(mer .96) or maybe Vangaurd Index Australia Share Fund (mer .34)
    Any thoughts appreciated

    I had the choice of 3 small caps 1. AMPCI Small Companies cl A(amp0446au) (mer .1): couldnt find any holdings

    2.Challenger W Small Companies Fund(how0016au) :Cash 13%,Pipe Networks ,Dominos Pizza,Austbrokers,Rea Group,Transfield Services,Iinett,Austar,Cash Converters,Energy Developments to 50 % rest a mystery

    3.Perpetual WFI Smaller Companies Fund (per0113au)(mer 1.95) :no holdings found

    Im really surprised its so hard to find fund holdings .Whats the big secret. People are not interested in what stocks the funds buy???
     
  5. AsxBroker

    AsxBroker Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    8th Sep, 2007
    Posts:
    1,448
    Location:
    Sydney, NSW
    Hi PerryComo,

    It's not so much that it's a secret, AMP had placed Fund Factsheets under "Price and Performance" rather than linking it straight to the fund. You can read AMP Small Caps holdings here http://www.ampcapital.com.au/_apps/knowledge/getdocument.exact.asp?TITLE=AMP Capital Australian Small Companies Fund Class A&TAX1=1167

    Perpetual WealthFocus Investments is a platform, the other funds you are talking about are classified as wholesale and WFI is retail, hence the MER difference.

    Similarly for Perpetual WFI Small Companies you can find their factsheet here http://www.perpetual.com.au/pdf/27_PFP.pdf

    Hope this helps.

    Cheers,

    Dan

    PS This is general information, before making an investment decision speak to your FPA registered Financial Planner.