Total investment noob #2

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by FirstBuild, 14th Jan, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Well we wouldn't be eating otherwise would we :D ;)

The observation I was making, however, was for Hui (Zman) to be aware that not all FP's are necessarily "independent" when it comes to structuring financial plans and providing financial advice for your specific situation. Their plans may not include direct property investment (PPOR or IP's) as they don't receive any commission/rebate for doing so. Naturally, this doesn't extend to all FP's but there are several out there who are nothing more than glorified funds and insurance salesmen.

With PM's, REA's and stockbrokers, they are basically hired to buy/sell/lease your product and are paid accordingly and knowingly by you as the client. I'm not arguing against commissions here but merely pointing out that those whom you engage to structure or plan your financial future may well have a conflict of interest in "recommending" particular products over others. It's important to be aware of this, especially when on the beginning of your investment journey.

2. FirstBuild

FirstBuild Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replys guys. I think there is room for both property and shares but i think to start me off i would be better off getting a PPOR.

Jacque any chance you have msn or skype? Im in sydney BTW.

3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi Zman :)

Feel free to call me at work if you like (click on my avatar and see my website for details) or PM me your no. and I'll call you in the next few days.

4. The Brain

The Brain Member

Other thing I'd be focusing on is how to increase your income. It seems obvious but few people are strategic when it comes to this.

So your best investment might be in education, eg: if you're a server guy, maybe worth buying a good PC and doing labs at home in VMware to improve your skillset.

Learning_RE likes this.