Tree phobic neighbour

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 7th Aug, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

With my tree-hating neighbour of one of my IP's up in arms again over some of the foliage from an innocent palm tree scraping against her house (must be some noisy fronds!!) I am faced yet once more with the prospect of having to remove greenery.

Last time it was a big leopard tree that received the axe after it's branches interfered with the neighbour's aerial (the accompanying cyclonic wind had nothing to do with it, of course :rolleyes: ) and now the palm trees are apparently waking her up at night....

Hmmm... interesting that the previous owner never had an issue with my disobedient and wayward plants!

Luckily for me, my amazingly wonderful PM (Jarrod Lane) in Brissy is trimming the offensive branches himself next time he's at an inspection (which, because he does them regularly, isn't too far away). You simply could not ask for better personal service than that :)

When he's finished with the palms, I have to wonder what's next? Perhaps the creeper on the fence will start edging it's wicked way into my neighbour's windows and she'll develop poison ivy???!! :D ;)

2. Tizzy

Tizzy Well-Known Member

I've lived in the same house for eleven years now and luckily I haven't had one of these plant phobic neighbours for a while. At a previous home, I shared a boundary with a neighbour who delighted in trimming everything back hard to the fence. She made it her lot in life to ensure that no growies would ever detract from her expanse of corrugated asbestos. It was truly enough to make me sell up in the end and relocate.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice