Trust Deeds for DT

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by Triu, 19th Jan, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Hi has anyone use or had trust deed for a HDT drawn up by Dale Gatherum-goss Accountants. I am reading that he is very good in understand Trusts etc.

Can anyone tell me what questions i should be asking and should i have a lawyer look at the Deed also or should i just trust the deed that has been prepared for me.

any thoughts?

2. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

Dale is certainly a very knowledgeable accountant (and a top bloke!). However, the HDT is a legal document and should be prepared by a lawyer.

Having said that most accountants (and I presume Dale too) source documents from a couple of providers. Nick has a good source, PM him for details. Alternatively you could buy one off the shelf from LawCentral [aff]CLAWDL2[/aff]. Brett Davies is a very knowledgeable tax lawyer whose firm prepared their HDT.

Cheers
    N.

Last edited by a moderator: 19th Jan, 2007
  3. NickM

NickM Well-Known Member

Triu
    Dale is on the ball and a true expert when it come to both trusts and tax. Dale & I both use Macquarie Group Services for our HDTS. They are drafted by Chris Batten and approved by Counsel.
    The lawyer puts togther the deed but the Accountant needs to understand how it works.

4. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Nick. It is great to get straight answers in this forum.

thanks again.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.