trust or company

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by david00, 14th Jun, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. david00

david00 New Member

hi all
    first post here
    my question is what is the best to set up a trust fund or acompany to trade from any help or info would be greatly appreciated
    dave

2. joanmc

joanmc Well-Known Member

Hi David
    I personally trade in a company BUT I already had that set up and I don't have a job anywhere else so I can just draw wages from my company. It will depend on what you are trying to achieve I guess. Capital gain/ income? I would have a big think about why you are trading , what you are hoping to achieve and then (if you don't already have one you are comfy with) find an accountant and explain your situation and get some advice. I have found that it always pays to get good advice before you start anything!

there are so many variables with each persons situation that it is very hard to say what anyone should do without knowing their specifics.

Good luck and have fun

3. Superman__

Superman__ Well-Known Member

The default advice is a discretionary trust due to the flexibility and capital gains tax advantages.

I would only ever recommend a company in very limited circumstances, i.e. when all other beneficiaries are maxed out and you are planning on re-investing the profits in the company and accumulating.

Once again always best to seek professional advice that takes into account the whole of your personal situation and goals.

4. david00

david00 New Member

thanks joanmc and superman
    for your responses regarding my question, i am still unsure of which way to go so i will ask the accountant when i do my tax
    thanks again
    dave

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia