Try to get the answers but...

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by wdongli, 22nd Jan, 2011.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

Each of us, the market players, has been extremely limited to know this world and market. We could be experts in certain small areas but ignorant in many others. All of us seem know it very well and no one in the market want to be a waling storehouse of information about everything in the market since there are many places to look if we need to fill in gaps in our knowledge. All of us must be some sort of opportunists to find the information we do need.

The true knowledgeable people in the market are those who are aware of what they don't know and who have skills to search for what they don't know for their profit objectives. However the skills for market players do not just involve knowing where and how to look for information. Much more importantly, searching skills have to do with an awareness of the skills are related to the process of reasoning. Too often than not most of market players search for the information for information but forget to reason the information for the market goals.

We often think that 'finding things our' precedes 'thinking about them'. In fact without bounding with reasoning, we fail to use the information to reason our market activities. We could not say since we didn't find what we want to know we failed in IT bust and GFC. We got what we wanted but unfortunately we used them for some unwanted consequences. We worked very hard to get what we wanted but failed to reason for our market profit conclusion!

We have to know the process of gathering the information also involves many of the important 'thinking moves' that constitute our analysis. if we are unaware of these 'thinking moves', then much of our R/D will be ineffective or confusing. More thought in wdongli - Member Blogs

2. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

Any tips to be very rich?

Have to say I jumped into the market in 1996 just because I wanted to be rich quickly since I did realize I needed more resources to do what I would like put myself in.

I tried all to get the answers how to get rich quickly but really didn't mind to question to search for the ways to be rich since I just wanted to be a excellent Engineer to surf in the high Tech waves. In retrospection, I deserved to lose my shirt in IT bust. All of us, who jumped into the market with the IT booming, didn't know the market and didn't trained in all of 101s of market, economy, human psychology, leadership of the market and critical thinking and so one. We were ignorant and searched the information without reasoning.

Do we know knowledge is powerful but do we really understand what knowledge is about beneath the surface? How many times did we take the false information or tips as knowledge and acted by following them for our financial funerals one after another? After IT bust, I realized I am really ignorant. I still tried to find what they are for my profit but started to learn questions all I wanted. We need to learn smart thinking, critical thinking, and based on the thinking to find what we want and the reasoning why they are what we want!

Market actually is about the chances and risks. How to get the chances with the affordable risks? How to see the piled gold ahead and no too many know it is ahead with some high confidence? How to get the good low-probable-but-high-consequences events to serve your profit purposes in the market? How should we know to get what we want and question enough for the reasoning these what we want would serve our goals?

All of consequences to us come out of the knowledge, what we should know and the reasons for what we should know. Are you ready to think smartly? No? It is your first task in the market since you have to be decision maker and the market is full of risks than in our offices and workshops! Is it the time to get your resolution to know how to think smartly? Yes, it is if anyone doesn't want to wast a decade as I did!