Join our investing community

Ujaz a intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ujaz, 9th Oct, 2014.

1. Ujaz

Ujaz New Member

9th Oct, 2014
    Sydney NSW
    I'm semi retired & run a charity with my partner. Having come into some money through inheritance I wish to make the best of it. It will become available in about six weeks so I'm trying to learn what I can beforehand. I would appreciate advice as I will also be responsible for my disabled sisters money as well as my own all up almost half a million.
  2. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

1st Jul, 2009
    SE Queensland
    Hi Ujaz,

Don't invest your inheritance for a short period( say 3-6 months). Put the money in a term deposit at a bank. Use that time to research index funds and exchange traded funds (ETF)s.

You will find everybody reaching their hands out to manage your money. And there are so many options on how to invest.

Index funds are the cheapest managed fund (.5%-0.25%/pa) while ETFs are half that again. Basically one fund/share buys an entire market. With a dozen or so index funds/ETFs you can own a share in every company in the world. You can also lower your risk by adding a bond index fund/ETF and own a share in the bond markets from around the world.

If you are interested I can provide further info.