NSW Units under $400K?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by simondema, 22nd Dec, 2011.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. simondema

simondema New Member

Hi all
    My GF has been looking for a DECENT unit in Sydney to live in for the past 5 months, and so far nothing! Looking for 2 bed/1 bath/1 garage/carport around Sutherland, St George area, Lower North Shore. It has been very difficult to find units which fit the criteria, and when you find one, there is always something that is not quite right (shared laundry, no car space, next to railway line, next to housing commission, far from shops, etc.)
    Are we being unrealistic within this price range, or have the units for sale just got worse in this price range?
    Interested to hear what others think.
    Cheers

Simon

2. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi Simon, Why not give Jacque, one of the forum owners a call?

About Us » House Search Australia – Sydney Buyers Agents

If you have been looking for 5 months then it's a sign your criteria is strict and having problems agreeing with reality, also depends on your skill level searching but definitely not an easy criteria if you haven't found any targets yet.

Property = compromise. Always. Even when you are looking with budgets 1-3m there are compromises to be made as you are usually trading up to more expensive suburbs and houses.

3. vanessa__

vanessa__ V J Tait & Associates

Hi Simon,

I totally endorse what Insight (Allan Real Estate) said, try contacting Jacque at Housesearch Australia. I have worked with Jacque in the past and she is very realistic and will assist you to find exactly the right property.

Unfortunately if your GF is a first home buyer, she is no longer able to get stamp duty exempted if she purchases an existing property. New Properties still receive stamp duty exemption.

However the grant is still available.

Don't loose interest, there is a property out there for you :)

Vanessa

4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi Simon

Thanks for the kind words Andrew and Vanessa :)

I can't comment on the southern suburbs as we don't cover these but $400K won't get you a 2 bedder with parking on the LNS area. You will need to compromise to buy under $400K either on features, position or condition. Lane Cove is probably your best bet but you really need $430K+ for a 2 bed with parking here- even then it's not going to be in a quiet st or may be in original older condition. You may need to cast the net further to include other northern suburbs- best of luck with your hunt.