US dollars in trouble?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by tropic, 21st Jun, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tropic

tropic Well-Known Member

2. bundy1964

bundy1964 Well-Known Member

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

As long as USA is considered by the rest of the world as a superpower, I would not worry about $USD.;)

4. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

It's a fascinating subject.

I have read widely on the subject. In fact I have read enough to say that I don't really know what will happen.

Don't take anything at face value though, this idea that the USD will collapse is a simple theme that is anything but simple. One point I would make is that some of the perma bears who are usually brilliant word smiths such as Agora publishing amongst many others make a serious business out of flogging PM's (the only real money they will tell you).

You would think the USD 'should' continue to grind lower, but the market is pretty darn good at discounting widely known themes and throwing up curve ball situations.

Interesting times!

TurtleRacer likes this.
  5. tropic

tropic Well-Known Member

6. tropic

tropic Well-Known Member

7. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

The BRICS is attempting to challenge the U.S. dollar dominance. Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa are trying to circumvent the U.S. dollar. Why? They understand that the dollar’s reserve currency status undermines them. For example, due to the conflict in Ukraine, the U.S. has blocked Russia’s ability to trade in dollars, severely damaging its economy.

Led by China, these countries are slowly shifting financial leverage around the world. Countries settle transactions in currencies like the renminbi, undermining the dollar. Additionally, countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia are looking to join the BRICS group. Saudi Arabia, perpetually unhappy with the United States, is considering selling oil to China in renminbis. A shift away from the Petro-dollar will empower other countries and diminish U.S. leadership and global leverage.

Washington Needs to Get its Fiscal House in Order

[​IMG]

Silverson likes this.
  8. Antoni0

Antoni0 Well-Known Member

Good tactic if it works, all pretty much poor countries except for Saudi and UAE. We've seen the backflip china done here with our exports, I wonder how it will go in those other countries, they won't be able to ask for help from the US after pulling something like this off.

9. Biffnar

Biffnar Well-Known Member

do any of these countries have an interest in weakening the USD? Many of them own US Treasuries..

10. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

Papua New Guinea…? Are they part of it or was the map generator geographically challenged.

11. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Maybe they got carried away with the colouring in of Indonesia/Western New Guinea :D

Firefly99 likes this.
  12. iloveqld

iloveqld Well-Known Member

Since 2007, and it is still wrong. brrought this up just to joke???