US Recession

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by FIDO, 24th Nov, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. FIDO

FIDO Member

OK post number two!
    Can anyone steer me in the direction of some historical data on the effects on Australia/World economy and share markets of a US recession.
    I remember from some studies in economics a long time ago of some good data on share prices, interest rates etc.
    It looks like the US will 'officially' be in a recession next year (can't back this up) so I would like to adjust my financial planning to suit.
    Cheers

2. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

3. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Glebe,

Yep, that about does it I reckon! ;)

Cheers,
    Michael.

PS Sent my diversification instruction off to my margin lender today. Should have direct exposure to Asia and Commodities within a week or so. Hopefully the US Recession fears spook the market south a bit so I buy in at a discount. Dow was down again overnight so yesterday's ASX gains might be eroded somewhat today.

4. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

Hi Micheal

In your rejigging are using a discount broker like investsmart so that you get the trailing coms or are you still with an FA?

Cheers

5. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Hi Andreas,

All through InvestSmart except Lincoln which is direct but attracts no entry commissions.

Sent them off today so should be in effect within a week or so I'd guess. Looks like the market might hold down for me that long if I'm lucky.

Cheers,
    Michael.

6. FIDO

FIDO Member

Thanks Glebe

7. The Stig

The Stig Well-Known Member

I don't think they are going to go into a recession before an election. 2009 maybe, but not 2008, IMO.