Vanguard personal super funds

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by venger0, 17th Mar, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. venger0

venger0 Active Member

Hi all,

I'm looking at moving my existing personal super to a low-cost index fund. I only know of Vanguard. I like their LifeStrategy funds since you just need to choose a profile - and every contribution will be balanced across the various underlying funds.
    MER = 1.09% p.a + $66 p.a

No entry fee too.

My existing one is terrible on costs - 1.94% plus 5% entry!!

Anyway, just wondering if members here are using any Vanguard super funds. Also if there are cheaper options - would love to hear about them.

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Venger,

Not to sure about the Vanguard Super funds, I was very amused though when another post said to stay away from bank planners as they flog their own product. 2/3 of our asset allocation is in Vanguard index funds, as we know it's the most cost effective way of being invested in the market. We took a core-satellite approach.

For your current fund, 5% is extremely steep as an entry fee.

It's obviously a retail fund vs corporate.

The 1.9% isn't so bad depending on what funds it's actually investing in.
    If your having issues with it PM me.

Cheers,

Dan

PS Before making an investment decision speak to a FPA registered Financial Planner.

3. venger0

venger0 Active Member

Hi all again,

I've found another super that provides indexing - SunSuper (sunsuper.com.au). In fact, they access the State Street Global funds (someone in the know please correct me if i'm wrong here :) ) - i think they provide the STW, SLF and SFY exchange traded funds.

Need to read the PDS in detail, but at a glance, the MERs are very low, low/nil fees.
    It calls itself an industry fund but still accepts employer contributions (Super Gurantees) - located in Brisbane. Anyway, thought i share the info :D
    Again, if anyone is already using SunSuper, please share your experiences with us all :)

Last edited by a moderator: 19th Mar, 2008

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia