Warnbro property

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by simond11, 31st Mar, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. simond11

simond11 New Member

Hi all
    First foray into the property market for a while.
    Just had an offer accepted on a 3 bedroom house in Warnbro, WA. Very excited!
    Was wondering if anyone knows of a good Managing Agent who could look after the property, and if anyone had some good contacts for painters, as we would like to give the property a bit of a makeover before we put tenants into it.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers

Simon

2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Congrats Simon :)
    So is this your first purchase interstate? If so, can I ask what made you select WA at this time?

Sorry I can't help you with PM's or trades, but there are some WA residents who frequent here who may be able to help.

Oh, and for those who've never heard of Warnbro or who wish to know a little more...... here's some info:

Real Estate Australia - Property and homes for sale, lease and rent Australia wide

3. simond11

simond11 New Member

Thanks Jacque
    We had purchased a block of land about 3 years ago in Dunsborough, which we sold last year for an incredible profit.
    We feel good about the WA market, even though everyone is saying it has reached its peak, etc., etc.
    We used a Buyer's Agent in Perth, and we are delighted with the result. We just need to go down and give the property a coat of paint, tidy it up and then put it on the rental market. We spent a lot of time doing our research, and we are happy with the result. I think that every capital city in Australia still has its bargains. You just have to find them.
    Would recommend using a Buyer's Agent to anyone who is buying interstate. Find the right one, and you will be rewarded.
    Right, next property.....
    Cheers

Simon

4. Takestock

Takestock Well-Known Member

Well done! Another step along your investing pathway.

Smart move using a buyers agent. I'm sure you achieved a great result.

Cheers,

Steve

5. Francoise

Francoise New Member

Congrats on your purchase. You could try Genesis ..:: Genesis Asset Management ::.. if you are looking for a PM with more than the ordinary realo's that just collect rent.

6. thinkbig

thinkbig Member

Simon,

I've had a property in Warnbro for a few years now. I have had it managed from day 1 by Warnbro Realty and have found them to be good. They certainly do more that pick up the rent ;)

If you're not from the West you may be a little surprised when you see what it costs to manage a property in WA.

Warnbro is still considered the most undervalued land in the area. As its a 3x1 I'm guessing it might be in old warnbro. Growth has been outstanding down there over the last few years. It's also one of those suburbs where the median price doesn't really tell the whole story as there is quite a difference between the old/new are in terms of block size, distance from the beach, etc.

Bruce

(Oh First post BTW, long time lurker)

7. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

What's your relationship to Genesis ? Why do you suggest them ?