Join our investing community

Wealth Magic

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by Leandro, 30th Apr, 2007.

1. Leandro

Leandro Well-Known Member

Hello All,

I wanted to know if anyone here had been to a Peter Spann, 2 day "Wealth Magic" course before? and your opinions?

I ask, because there is a 2 day one coming up in Sydney, which apparently is at a much reduced price to normal which caught my eye as i have read one of his books before which was quite good.

Regards

Leandro

2. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Yeah I've noticed that too and am thinking of going. I haven't been before.

I wonder if it will be 2 days of "buy our Macquarie product" and "join our expensive club" :confused: :eek:

3. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

When and where - it looked to me like the Sydney event is over?
    N

4. Leandro

The Sydney one which i wanted to attend is on the 18-19 of August. There is also ones in Brisbane and Melbourne before that.

I rang up freeman fox yesterday, and was told the schedule is from 9AM to 9PM on both days, which seemed like a long time to me so hopefully Glebe it has more than just "buy our Macquarie product" as that would be total overkill.

They mention the following topics will be covered:

- The keys to wealth
    - Asset allocation
    - the magic of compounding
    - Leapfrogging
    - The 7 key property strategies for long term wealth
    - Finance to boost your ealth
    - Commerical property trusts for income
    - The 8 power performance stock selection criteria
    - Putting Super back into your superannuation
    - Tax advantaged investing
    - An introduction to the magic moo cow
    - Land Banking
    - Automatic wealth
    - Lay-Buy shares
    - Off-shore succes
    - 100% benefit, zero risk

It looks fairly comprehensive, has anybody attended before?

5. willy1111

willy1111 Well-Known Member

I am guessing you will be able to get all the same information from his book.

Some people like seminars, some don't - but I don't think he is going to be giving away any new secrets that aren't already in his book.

I think the only thing your likely to get from the seminar (which is not in the book) are the products that he now uses to perform the different parts of his strategy. ie the magic moo cow, he use to do it himself, and you can have it done by Freeman Fox's stock brokers, but now Macquarie is launching an internally geared version of MEIF - basically macquarie is releasing a fund to do the same thing - which Peter says he is going to use that as his vehicle for this strategy rather than doing it himself.

I am a ruby member - so that means I get to go for Free (as part of my ruby membership) - so Yes I am looking forward to going in Melbourne in June.

6. Leandro

I have read "how you could build a $10 Million property portofolio in just 10 years". And i don't think he talks about many of the topics i listed, apart from maybe a passing comment. Are you referring to his earlier book?

Willy1111 have you been to one of his presentations before? I guess you probably have as you are a ruby member.

7. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Leandro

Contact FreemanFox and get thier new DVD before attending Wealth Magic....well worth the watch (4 DVD's for free), lots of info from Peter SPANN ;)

I've listened to an old wealth magic/shares magic and instant income cd package that a friend had and found it fascinating, warmed me to Peter SPANN and his ways

8. Leandro

Hey Redwing,

I actually contacted them today to sign up for their magazine "Freedom" as i was reading a friends, and the free DVD. Not sure if it is 4 or not though.

Not sure how long the DVD will take to arrive either, but i think i may book to go and see Peter anyway. The course is currently advertised at $98 instead of the usual $1400 or something crazy like that, which is reasonable even if he only teaches me one or two new things or gives me the chance to ask a question.

9. DaveA

DaveA Well-Known Member

thats pretty cheap, maybe he is not getting much interest...

anyway if you could provide some more details that would be great to....

10. Leandro

DaveA Im not sure how much interest he is getting, that might be a possibility.

Anyway, i don't want to promote the event or be seen as promoting the event i just wanted to know if anybody has been before, hence i won't give anymore information than i have.

So if you want any more info best that you call freeman fox and ask about it.

cheers :)

11. Here_To_Learn

Here_To_Learn Well-Known Member

Don't you just hate organisations that offer such ridiculous discounts ? If anything it rings alarms bells.

I am surprised about the offer mentioned. I would have thought Peter's time was in high demand.

12. Leandro

Well, this is one of the reasons i wanted to ask if anyone else had been, as i didn't want to go if the whole time he was going to be selling something to me. I don't mind if he teaches you principles and then says, you can do this yourself, but i can make it easier for you if you use my services.

13. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Hi Leandro

My husband did the whole four day course years ago now and I did the Wealth Magic one day course for about $100 approx 2 yrs ago as well. Thought it was well worth it, provided some more food for thought, as well as a hefty manual with some useful ideas in it, for both property and shares.
    For $98 you'll have an enjoyable day, might learn something and be entertained by Peter- he's a top speaker and I promise you won't be bored. Even if he is using the seminars to flog his products (and let's face it, most are with anything investment related) it's a cheap day out. Just do it :)

14. Leandro

Hey Jacque, thanks for that post. That is exactly what i wanted to know ;-)

15. Insight

Insight Brisbane Buyers Agent

Yep, agree with Jacque.

Peter is fantastic value at $98 :) go for it. Especially if you aren't familiar with the subject matter already.

I like attending the investor updates when I can, just to hear Peter's take on the global situation, he does a lot of research and I like to compare notes.

I'm part of the Brisbane audience that doesn't appear to give much energy back, but it's hardly the place for someone like me to stand up and say I disagree with certain predictions or interpretations, not really the right environment for that. The evenings are more of a pulpit for Peter to expound his position. He is an engaging public speaker, that's for sure.

16. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

Leandro

My web surfing skills must be declining...I can't find anywhere on the Freeman Fox website a mention of Sydney dates for 2 days of Wealthmagic at that bargain basement price!

Can you pls give me the link?

Thanks
    N.

17. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

That's probably what you'll get :D

Peter doesn't visit Perth very often so I attended his last event here along with a few others from Somersoft; I enjoyed the presentation and his outlook (though didn't subscribe to the MacBank geared fund) and am looking fwd to the broadcast of the Freeman Fox Investor Update on the 14th

I've listened to an old wealth magic/shares magic and instant income cd package that a friend had; from that i can say you'll probably enjoy the seminar

hmmm....maybe they can broadcast that one to Perth as well :confused:

18. Leandro

Hello Nigel,

It was advertised in the Freeman Fox "Freedom" publication. If you ring 1800 000 369 and ask to book into the wealth magic course for sydney advertised in this publication they should honour the deal for you. I booked in this morning for my wife and I. :)

19. Leandro

Is this broadcast on the net? if so how do you access that?

20. EMP

EMP Active Member

So far I've been to a few of Peter Spann's "Investor Updates", which I found worthwhile, so I signed up for the $98 Wealth Magic. The way I look at it, $98 is an amount I'm prepared to risk and even if I only get one good idea out of it it'll be worth it. Hell, if he just motivates me enough to make me spend 5% less time surfing the net and use that time for financial education instead then it'll be worth it. :)

I think the key to Peter Spann is to have the right expectations. He's a marketer - it's what he does and loves and I don't think he himself would deny that. So as long as you take what he says as marketing and not advice, it's fine. :)