Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Alwayslooking

Alwayslooking Well-Known Member

Hi All
    Does anyone here follow Dale Gillham's strategy from Wealth Within.

I did try to search but came up within nothing.

Would be keen to learn more about this group.

Cheers, AL

2. pthm

pthm Well-Known Member

Quite a few years ago now (when the market was strong) we went to a talk by Dale Gilham, and bought his book. The book was good reading - then we proceeded with subscribing to one of his portfolios for a year - taking his advice on what to buy and sell. We did not renew after that.

We did not enroll in the wealth within course because we were not into trading and hence did not see a lot of values in it for us. But we did ask for references from people who did the course, and some spoke highly of it.

3. Alwayslooking

hi pthm
    do u mind providing info on how the performance of Dale's portfolio went and why you did not continue with this?

I am just doing the ground work and should receive his book this week and possibly do the course depending on what I read etc.

Many thanks.

Cheers, AL

4. pthm

pthm Well-Known Member

We took the one year subscription for one of wealth within portfolios as we were curious what shares they bought and sold - and why they did it. We followed some of their recommendations but not all because we did not like some of the companies they bought and sold. I guess it was silly of us for not strictly adhering to their recommendations - instead we had our own views on some. In the end our portfolio was not replicating theirs. Also, in a strong market ours and theirs performed well. But, not sure how they would perform in this weak market.

In the end we decided to select a few stocks to hold instead of trading in and out of the portfolio. One thing we learned and should do (but did not) was to set "loss trigger prices" for every share (eg 20% below the purchase price) and adhere to it. Now, we are a bit more disciplined.

I met Dale Gilham a few times at expos and he came across very personal and genuine.

5. benbegg

benbegg Active Member

I think also Dale and another guy Allan Hull work on Trend Trading and at the moment we are in volatile times so their plan does not work so well. I have the book about beating the managed funds by 20% and if you are a long term investor and not worried by the 'noise' of daily fluctuations then you will do well. Of course you have to pick a stock that is continually rising which in the current market there are not a lot that are trending upwards continually.

6. Alwayslooking

Thanks everyone for feedback, I very much appreciate.

I am still researching technical analysis and various strategies in current climate. Stop losses - Dale has recommended 15% below purchase price. One lesson I have now learnt.

From what I have researched it seems like this may be a good operation.

Dale's clients are currently not trading but are just parked - cashed up earning 8%. He has stated that he is not buying shares for clients at present until he sees a change in current trend.

They organise margin loans for their clients and use St George, I notice that SGB were nominated as the best bank for this product in the AFR Smart Investor Mag, this month).

I am very keen on the courses as they seem to provide excellent ongoing backup which is also what I am looking for. I prefer hands on approach. I am to date impressed with info they have provided, and will continue to research.

I plan to provide feedback on this group good or bad and hopefully we may all benefit.

Cheers, AL

Last edited by a moderator: 26th Aug, 2008
  7. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

"I am still researching technical analysis and various strategies in current climate. Stop losses - Dale has recommended 15% below purchase price. One lesson I have now learnt."

In my opinion 15% stop is rather too high even if do have got a very deep pocket. ;)
    You better read this: Limiting Losses
    Also reading some other good books (mentioned already many times on this forum) on this subject may help.

8. Alwayslooking

Hi Tropo

Thanks for the link, very interesting.

I guess a stop loss will vary depending on your tolerance to risk.

In Dale's book he recommends to never set a stop loss less than 10% he explains that you will get stopped out of trades - or sell out too soon - some of which may be potentially very profitable.

Cheers, AL

9. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

thier Funds seem to be performing okay?

10. nomad

nomad New Member

Before i enrolled to the course, I compared this course to the other course provider. The course from WW seemed more structured and definitely thicker. The content is good, easy to understand and ample of practical activities. The student support is very helpful. The feedback on the assignment is quite good eventhough you won't know how the marking system is working. How the examiner deducted the mark over a mistake. In the feedback, the answer was said good but it is followed with the opposite feedback as well. So, it is something it is good but not good enough. This is the part that I'm still trying to figure out what the expectation for the answer. You may think the answer fulfils the question and it may not be thought that way.

The only thing is the extra fees that may occur. If you fail the assignment, you need to reenrol the module. The enrolment fee is very high (A$460). Not sure with the facility of resubmitting since I had to reenrol. Mistakes in the answer may be a definite loss in the mark, just be prepared for fail result if you are not sure what the answer is. There are also extra fees relating to any changes in administration. Just imagine the bank fees.

If you are interested to pursue further education or working in the finance industry, this course may be good. If you are in Melb, you can make an appointment with them to see the sample of the course content. They said that you can apply for a degree course at a uni (can't remember which one). However, if not, may be there are other courses that have similar contents but without the anxiety of submitting the assignment and doing exam. Just need a bit of research and compare the course content.

11. leannefro

leannefro New Member

Trading is not black and white

I am also a client of Wealth Within studying the diploma of share trading and investment and while I would have agreed with the comments from Nomad, Wealth Within changed the assignments to case studies about 5 months ago and they now provide more detailed feedback in regard to the assessment at a lot less cost.

I was really skeptical prior to undertaking the course but my expectations have been more than exceeded. I have found their feed back to be invaluable and I have found that my trading has improved tenfold. The fact that they get me to think about how the techniques are applied to different stoxcks rather than giving me black and white answers has enabled me to develop my skills to the point that I have made profits in the market over the past 12 months despite the conditions that have prevailed.

I have also had many personal challenges in the past 12 months and I have found Wealth Within to be very supportive. They take a real interest in ensuring you succeed and I have found their support and encouragement to be fantastic. In my opinion I don't find them to be like other providers I have learnt from in the past. My experience has been really positive and I would agree with Nomad if you get a chance drop into the office and talk to them. They are a really genuine team who are really intetested in seeing you succeed in the market.

12. Alwayslooking

Thanks for interesting feedback.

Am also looking at the possibity of WW managing some of my funds, fees are not cheap, but it would take the emotion out of the equation and perhaps a better outcome.

Anyone gone down this road.

13. BeesKnees__

BeesKnees__ New Member

Watch your money...

I have also done the diploma of share trading and investment and found that didn't get very good support at all. If i didn't understand something I was just told to go back and read that same page. After being told this a number of times and reading the same page a number of times the penny was not dropping.

I am not stupid but felt that this is how I was treated. I let them know that i didn't understand but was told to keep reading the same section as i eventually get it. Great support not!

I have finished the course and found that it is not for the current market conditions. They don't teach you how to trade short so you can profit in both market directions.

Also there are many mistakes in there content on Gann. I brought this to there attention but was told that I was wrong. I have contacted a few well known Gann experts and they have told me that of that what was in the course then it is wrong.

So look out. It's very expensive for what you get.

Also there fund is doing quite bad. I pulled my money out do to bad performance. There figures look good on the website due to it being over 6 years. As there fund and every fund performed well in the bull run it makes there figures look good but call them and ask them to give you figures for the last 12 months or 24 months and they wont because there trading has been very bad and they break there own rules they teach in there courses.

This is just my opinion and my experience in dealing with wealth within.

14. Chrissy__

Chrissy__ New Member

Disappointed with thread

I have read this thread with interest and I have to say I am very disappointed with the comments. I have been a client of Wealth Within for a just over two years and I have to disagree with those that grip about the services they provide. Firstly I enrolled in the diploma in early 2009 after having experienced marketing promises from two previous educators who i paid far more money then what i paid WW to learn how to tade with disasterous results and who failed to deliver on what they promised. My experience with WW, on the other hand, was exactly what they said they would deliver. On top of that they encouraged me through the assessments to ensure I would achieve the desired outcomes because when the education finishes I am on my own and their goal is to ensure that I think and act like a trader by the time I finish the course. Of course I experienced challenges throughout the course as does any trader on their journey to achieving their goals, but what I found with this course that has stood above all of the rest is that they genuinely care about your success in the market and work damm hard to ensure u achieve this. I have since gone on to complete the advanced diploma and I can only say I am glad I found WW as no other company has worked as hard to ensure my success. One last comment I would like to make is that while I love my husband to death he can be a very arrogant man when it comes to our investments and prior to commencing the education with WW we invested a lump sum with WW in 2008. Of course my husband watched our investment very closely but we are pleased to say that we were not disappointed. While our friends were complaining about losses in 2008 of between 30 and 50% we experienced a total loss of 7% on our portfolio during this very trying time which of course we were very happy with as we recognised WW were following the strategies they have always promoted. Based on this I don't believe the commentary is warranted. I have also done the diploma of share trading and investment and found that didn't get very good support at all. If i didn't understand something I was just told to go back and read that same page. After being told this a number of times and reading the same page a number of times the penny was not dropping.

I am not stupid but felt that this is how I was treated. I let them know that i didn't understand but was told to keep reading the same section as i eventually get it. Great support not!

I have finished the course and found that it is not for the current market conditions. They don't teach you how to trade short so you can profit in both market directions.

Also there are many mistakes in there content on Gann. I brought this to there attention but was told that I was wrong. I have contacted a few well known Gann experts and they have told me that of that what was in the course then it is wrong.

So look out. It's very expensive for what you get.

Also there fund is doing quite bad. I pulled my money out do to bad performance. There figures look good on the website due to it being over 6 years. As there fund and every fund performed well in the bull run it makes there figures look good but call them and ask them to give you figures for the last 12 months or 24 months and they wont because there trading has been very bad and they break there own rules they teach in there courses.

This is just my opinion and my experience in dealing with wealth within.[/QUOTE]

15. Chrissy__

Chrissy__ New Member

16. Dale Gillham

Dale Gillham New Member

Hey guys

Dale here. I am very confused by the last post on this forum, as it seems to post a good experience but then it is mixed with information that does not make sense about their experience.

We are always striving to ensure your experience as a client of our education or through our investment services are of the highest standard.

We have strived for almost two decade to ensure our clients experience a service that is second to none.

And we are proud to say we have achieved this.

Trading the stock market successfully doesn't require you have the latest data to do this. Our focus is on ensuring you apply the techniques to market data correctly, so you achieve the goals you desire.

You only have to read the testimonial to just one of our clients to understand this.

I have read numerous books on aspects of trading/investing ranging from Guppy to Elder to Tharp. The most enjoyable was on the life of Jesse Livermore by Richard Smitten. I would, however, rank your Diploma much more highly than anything I have read or studied before. Congratulations.

If you would like to read the success of other clients, please click here

Traders success stories - Wealth Within

We are also independently recognised.

Why Wealth Within - Wealth Within

You are more than welcome to speak to our clients who will verify the validity of the success of our clients.

You are also welcome to call the office and speak to our staff or our clients who will verify the validity of this post.