Weird property features

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 29th Mar, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Following on from a thread over at SS on this topic, I thought it might be a bit of light fun to start up our own. What's the weirdest feature you've seen in your property inspection travels?

Mine is actually a bath in the kitchen (hard to believe but true!) complete with curtain and all :)
    I remembered another odd one today, though, as I was discussing spas with a homebuyer. One house had this spa made from huge terracotta type tiles which angled off at square edges. Certainly didn't look like the most comfortable bathing spot! Even the location was strange, as it was in a carpeted room with a shower room off to the side (with two doors entering one stall- his and hers doors and separate spouts) and you then walked through the bathroom to the main bedroom.
    The agent was going on about swedish design?
    Not to my taste, anyway :D

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I own several units that have bedrooms with no windows :eek:

If you saw them, you would understand how it happened.

Actually - calling them bedrooms is probably not accurate ... they are typically used as storage rooms by my tenants.

3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Do they have skylights that open up as windows Sim?
    Most unusual to have windowless bedrooms.... as Pauline says, please explain :)

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Nope - no skylights - they are downstairs, at the back of a two storey 5BR (!!!) townhouse built in the side of a hill. The townhouse has been split into a 3BR unit upstairs and a 2BR unit downstairs.

I think they were never intended to be bedrooms.

5. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Best (?) feature I saw was on inspection of a house on Macleay Island years ago. The owner had his home grown crop drying in the walk in robe. We didn't buy it, but I sure had the munchies after seeing all that :)