Trading What Do You Believe?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Tropo, 23rd Apr, 2012.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

Tropo, is it only your matter here to tell I am mad or not? How old are you?

It is easy to say you, me, or anyone are mad but are you a judge? Give the analysis in logic for any of your assertion. In your school, were you taught you need premise, argument to support your premise, and your conclusion?

It is difficult to give some logic to the words. You let me recall some mates in my primary schools. Haha!

I really would like to say Tropo is mad but I know it is not what I should say since I really don't know whom he is. If I say so it is unfair.

So far he seems unable to write any his own words long enough, actually he likes the lengthy words from others remote from here, and adamantly try to protect the words he copied from somewhere.

One lesson in my failure is don't protect any ideas, including ones you love, if you could not understand the contexts and conditions of the ideas. I really hope Tropo know the words he copied and pasted on to the earth and welcome constructive opinions rather than simply tell who is mad.

If I am mad and you are sane you should not get into my way with simple assertion but give your analysis about why I am mad. Simple assertion for attack or provoke is not good to you and me and anyone! Haha!

Last edited by a moderator: 27th Apr, 2012
  2. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: 17th Sep, 2016
  3. wdongli

What's for to play this Youtube? No explanation but I guess it is due to the challenge to write with the words from the soul. Sometimes you just feel not good but lose the words to express, which shows some sort of broken mental framework.

Do you ask this kind of questions before you do anything? Not necessary if they are trivial many matters in our social life. However when you deal with vital many in stock market, you should be warned: no question no profit and quite possible you would burn some money as cost in the stock market.

For entertainment or emotion, eh? I guess so. Human kind needs to find ways to enjoy, which is not wrong but if you sincerely hope that YouTube for emotion curing would make you wiser in the stock market, you are in brink.

A master in the stock market has to govern the language sooner or later. Born with the gift of English doesn't automatically endorse an excellent English skills let alone a happy and achievable goals in stock market.

News said there are millions of Australians who are illiterate and poor in basic math. I didn't believe it before. I do feel that is horrific. Language is a must-have tool for life.

Don't abuse it but try to master it and then you would have chances to update your mental framework successfully.

Of course if you feel too old to master a thing, it is understandable and fully accepted. Me? I don't want to waste my time to watch the YouTube to kill the time. Life is too short to let it colorful enough.

I have resolved to have a excellent English. Could I? Yes I could and will since I know it is imperative for my mind updating and graduate from my self-running Univ course for myself.

I understand why some would feel upset by what I have wrote. Few in the stock market would like to change their mental framework.

I have spent years to struggle for getting the point to see its importance of updating my mental framework. Just before GFC, I was fearful to talk about mental framework updating since I was no sure I could do.

What I have achieved so far to get my mental framework updated?

I could see my English is improved not by days but by hours; I stick to my direct goals and indirect goals in the stock market; I feel less attractive to the emotional flames and provoking words; I have to ask the questions to help me ponder where is safe and dangerous in the stock market.

What's the self-reliance? You can read and ponder for your goals intelligently! I know the answer now and I will do so without any regrets even it could upset the minds full of biases too much.

Of course you have to get your goals right by reading and pondering. It has to be done from very basic, such as life logic and common senses plus moral standards in social scopes.

Stock Market is a legal facility for resource exchanges if you don't do inside trading. It is the last wild field human struggle to be survival and revival based on very simple actions even which should be supported by sufficient advanced systems and mental framework.

You have to be self-interested in the stock market. You have to keep your mental independence. It is your right! It is your responsibilities. It is the basic requirement if you don't want to be a loser.

Don't blame any participants while you are in the stock market but find way to forestall for the chances and affordable risks. Learn to get logic from the provoking words for your mental framework updating.

I don't want to tug with anyone who are happy or not happy for what I write. I just want to read, ponder, and write for a right mental framework and never lose my shirt and paper profit again as one of my direct goals.

Last edited by a moderator: 28th Apr, 2012
  4. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

5. wdongli

Dysphoria: a warning signal to change

Human can think, contemplate, find his own errors, find the least effort way to ignore the lessons, and can be frustrated or be euphoric with the cake in the sky, which would set his psychological states with the limitation of his mental framework, and these states would affect his action greatly.

List the knowledge is first step to sharpen your mind for your actions in stock market but far more away from what you need to do and get. If we just know to list but don't ponder with our own specific environment, we could not be benefited.

A good trader has to be analytical with discipline. After listing more pondering is necessary for us to be analytical. It needs discipline to know the listed knowledge more and use them in our market practices.

Could you explain these psychological states and its relationship with your or my trading activities or why you prefer YouTube or why I prefer to update the mental framework?

For example, dysphoria is is general state of sadness that includes restlessness, lack of energy, anxiety, and vague irritation. Have you ever have experiences of dysphoria? What caused your dysphoria?

After GFC you shed a lot of angers to those who made the GFC. How did you overcome it? Are you still thinking it is helpful to curse or blame others for people's burnt money?

At some age everyone faces some changes of his parts. In the stock market what situations do you think is most possible for your dysphoria? We are human and we all have the time to be in dysphoria. Don't feel upset for the questions. I question myself too.

Last year I did fell dysphoria after I failed to lock the profit and see the paper profit gone. At last I overcome this dysphoria by setting up my last defensive line and put more time to update my mental framework, strict my buying rules, and get a very tiny percent of the lost paper profit back.

Our brains should not be some sort of book shelves. Knowledge is not to be pasted there and here but used for our profit target. If you list the points but no deep pondering about them, you could not make yourself wiser.

Anyway Dysphoria is a warning signal for us to change, which usually happen after you have made some human errors or at the situation you could not figure out what should be done.

Most of traders take the least effort way. Who really want to get the troubles free for themselves as soon as possible. They try to forget the damages due to their errors and tend to ignore the lessons they should never forget. They ignore the warnings, continue what they are used to, and then they become insane to repeat things for different result.

Do you ignore the warning? Do you get your lessons? We all know too little for future. Can we use what we know effectively and then we could find a way to move forward for a sure success, big or small?

Last edited by a moderator: 29th Apr, 2012
  6. wdongli

Enthrallment, virtual few, and trivial many

There are misunderstanding of some basic truths which are especially true among those they evaluate themselves as genius or supreme creature of human being in social and normal life. They hold part of truth and put the part of truth into the extremes.

The extreme areas usually are hard for human to stay except some lucky guys. You could find arguments from Hitler, Stalin in politics and a lot falling-down genius in the stock market. Few of traders could understand it. Actually they are no brains.

Some thought I am mad. Sort of but basically I am conscious. They know the words "Enthrallment" but the meaning and conditions pass by their brains. I don't think when you find some interesting ideas, copy it, and paste it, you would understand it.

However traders tend to copy and paste without pondering. In business, a mantra is if you don't know a thing don't do it. So how do you sure you really know what you believe or what you read or what you write or what you do, is extremely important for your profit.

From the volume of my post, Tropo told everyone I was mad. From his pasted article, it seems he believed I enthrall in some useless and hopeless issues. He seems not believe we could update our minds through our efforts and time. He seems believe if you put all of your efforts into something you are enthralled.

He has biases here. He failed to tell the difference between enthrallment and dedication. There are five basic matters to tell the differences in my views.

1. worthness of the issues and efforts to you and society
    2. probability to get what expected
    3. self- and environment awareness and personal dispositions.
    4. wholeness of your time on vital or trivial matters of life.
    5. dancing to work on or euphorically rush as a headless cat.

To misuse Enthrallment in stock market, let see what it really is:

1. Enthralling is a subset of joy
    2. It is different from the joys like cheerfulness, zest, and relief
    3. It is a state of intense rapture. It is not the same as love or lust.
    4. It is a trivial matter for your life but captures all your attention and elevates your mood to tremendous heights

Mental framework decide the disposition, which define the behavior of the people in the life. It is not trivial matter at least and worthwhile to dedicate for years or until you can not do it anymore. In contrast, "stop loss" is a matter to correct your human errors. It is more important to avoid human errors in life turning points.

We need to get rid of the biases but don't forget shopping, eating, your budgets, and the procedure to buy your shares without losses. Mental framework updating is a direct but also indirect goal of anyone who would like to be a master of market issues around him.

In this sense, you have never lose your mind that you need it first and set up the road map to get it. You don't need to start after you get a perfect plan but you could start the most urgent things, such as to me the English Listening capability.

You need to turn the huge tasks into the small manageable tasks in days, weeks, or months. You need to achieve something to reward you so that you could be motivated to move to the next tasks confidently. It needs exquisite design of your current and next steps.

You may not get what you really want at last but you would get the feeling you can get and never lose the support from your loves even they could not fully understand your will, intention, and the personal legend you want to get.

And don't forget you could get some unprecedented by product while you have being updated your mental framework. Your mind would become sharp much more than some professionals. Some good black swans may or may not hit you. It is a life change causes. It is a second life building process.

You lay down the seeds and then you have the chances to harvest, even you could not tell what the weather could be. If you are bad lucky you could be in the storm but you could not use storm as excuses to stop your seeding.

I am an old ant to roll a very tiny snowball with the effort to sharp my mind for my life lever for a big snowball which I could not roll over from what natural gift from my birth endorses. That is why I challenge my English as my first step!

All of us know it is insane if we repeat the same thing but hope different results. In reality, all of us do repeat and hope magic happen, which turns out to be, if the assertion is true, is systematic and deep seated.

If you don't know you should not do, in contrast if you know you have to do and don't do, it is a mistake too! I also have got another lessons from the traders who born in Australia with good enough English but too many biases and lost all they could afford.

Good English is not all you could depend on in the stock market, which is necessary but not sufficient. I would not just focus on the English that is why I write to get the self- and environment-awareness in stock market.

It is my Univ and I have graduate with the grasp of business rather than knowing the jargon of stock market only or just the stopping losses only! All could have second life after they move into the age traditionally thought they are too old!

Last edited by a moderator: 29th Apr, 2012
  7. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: 17th Sep, 2016
  8. wdongli

Idiot calls idiot, which is always true! I knew it in the remote past, 40 years ago. YouTube magnifies the effects of this call in the hands who don't want to update their minds for the ever-changed environment!

Don't agree with my point of view? And then give your logic in your own words, which would give the chances to challenge our own insane biases! Could you write an acceptable assay in English? Why don't use your natural gift in a constructive, intelligent, and helpful way?

Seriously saying, at very beginning I was astonished absolutely by the abuse of natural gift conducted by a trader who said he was disciplined, analytical, and self-reliant, but after pondering for a while it is understandable and very apparent logically.

Just get words, "It's the way of the world, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours."

I could not say it is wrong but I do feel it is insane if it happens in any forums among the traders of the stock market. Actually it happened in the last decade in every forums of the stock market.

What did we get? A collapse of the moral and burning of the money. What happened then?

If your words fitted into my tastes you were my mates and I would put you into my favorite list otherwise you would be in my ignored list even I could not help but peel through into your posts or buried you in the defamatory words.

It is a reality in most of forums but should not one for investment education.

It should be open and provoking free even ideas could be conflicted. Just think about what consequences to those who engaged deeply into group thinking under some flags as "Mateship" which said was the Aussie culture.

Nearly all of these comrades dropped into the hell financially.

Groups of mates or comrades have lost their shirts, lost heavily, and disappeared in the stock market even new generation of the comrades for quick and easy money would take the platform sooner or later.

I don't want to scratch your back in the stock market. If I want I would come with you to a pub!

I want to sharp my mind and hope you do so too. I want to scratch the back of Mr Market really with my eyes on my back times by times! I don't want let any words put me into euphoric any more.

I want to get the capability to build my last defensive. I want to use my efforts in English to merge dual cultures and what I have got and will get into my mental framework. It is a systematic project and if I could fulfill it in 60% I would have more chances to realize my personal legend.

I don't need applauding and admiration since it is my cause between my 55 and the doorstep of my grave. I enjoy my hard work in the stock market. I know I still need to strengthen my last defensive line in the stock market.

It is great time for people to live in WA. News said Rio needs around 6,000 workers across the country over the next few years. I worked for the shrunk demand of R/D in IT, communication, and electronic Eng, which doesn't need too much communication since few really know what your project.

As I said I still need to strengthen my last defensive line and pay all of debts back to get an fully independent finance. English listening and spoken English has the direct benefit to move me into the mining sectors if stock market needs me to wait for not months but years.

English listening is a very rewarded and a must-taken task and it should set up the bases very solidly for my future days of the final defensive line in the stock market and get the necessary compensation before I can fully be independent. In a life you need the capability to wait for your turns!

Last edited by a moderator: 30th Apr, 2012