ASX Shares What does anyone think about TLS(telstra)?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by god_of_money__, 1st Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. god_of_money__

god_of_money__ New Member

TLS is hitting mutiple years low. It has generated lots of discussion @ hotcopper. Buy or Avoid?

2 people like this.
  2. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Comes down to what you want in an investment and what you believe about the chances of TLS reversing declining profits. Currently the market seems to think that many of the challenges for TLS are here to stay.

2 people like this.
  3. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

( i hold TLS )

challenges yes , government policy uncertainty .. yes , but also chances or the SP to dip lower

i hold a comfortable amount of TLS but will consider 'averaging down ' in any slides ( my next target price is sub $3.20 ) , not desperate but willing to buy more .

can TLS refocus it's business .. mobile looks likely , but are there other opportunities waiting ( here and abroad )

4. wunderwhat

wunderwhat Member

I also hold TLS, regardless of what you think of it, many other networks besides a few big ones depend on the infrastructure that telstra owns. I don't think it will go up to any amazing heights in years to come, but I see it as a hold and buy when the market dips thanks to its nice dividend and DRP.

If you do want to buy in the telco space, I'd say buy a few different ones to diversify out and you should be sweet.

2 people like this.