What has investment in Navra done for you ?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Cherry Pro, 10th Sep, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Cherry Pro

Cherry Pro Active Member

Hi All ....had a meeting with Steve Navra this afternoon and have returned
    really impressed with what Steve proposed ... in terms of income generation and debt reduction.

Know this is largely a pro Navra forum (with Navra employees) but would like to get some honest feedback as to whether medium / long term investing in Navra has enabled you to meet your financial goals ... I talking the 5 - 10 year time frame.

Also, is a SMSF the way to go ...have less than 100k in super.

Appreciate your feedback .. feel free to pm if necessary.

Many thanks.

2. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

How close to retirement are you?
    Having money locked in super might not be the best choice if you're not retiring for another 20 years. You might want some income from your investments before then.

3. Cherry Pro

Cherry Pro Active Member

Hi Voigtstr;

Setting up of an SMSF was one strategy suggested.

Income from investments is of paramount importance and this was discussed.

Have possibly another 15- 20 years before retirement.

So what Steve says looks really cool ... but my question is ... will these goals be met ?

Cheers

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Which goals?

5. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Investing in the Navra fund has allowed me to pay down debt at super sonic speeds!

Mark

6. Lam Thieu

Lam Thieu Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

What would the average income distribution be like if I invested $5000?....is it paid per month? per quarter?

7. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Paid quarterly - average income over the past 5 years has been about 3% - 4% per quarter ... so on $5000 invested you'd expect $150 - $200 distribution per quarter.

8. Chris.R_WA

Chris.R_WA Well-Known Member

Pay off my wedding upfront, without taking on any non-tax deductable debt.

LVR has suffered in recent quarters as I used to reinvest as additional units. I will return to this strategy post-wedding to rebalance.

9. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

What has investment in Navra done for you ?

I guess dollar returns will be very individual as cashflows and capital gains will vary depending on investments, but as a Client of a few years standing I would have to say one of the best things for me has been the Education.

I began with no exposure to Shares, Trading, Structuring, Margin Loans etc. and I've had a great opportunity to learn more about these things from Steve and the crew at Navra.

The journey continues to be both interesting and rewarding.

I can't comment on whether the recommendations you received will ensure you achieve your goals but I think you could do a lot worse than to listen, ask lots of questions and investigate the options.

10. ActiveTrade

ActiveTrade Well-Known Member

Agree with Alan here. When I look back over the past few years it's incredible how much I have learnt about wealth building, risk management, tax and having money work for us.

Steve is the man !

11. Cherry Pro

Cherry Pro Active Member

Thanks guys .. appreciate that. Clearly asking the right questions before plunging ahead seems like the way forward.

Sim - my goals are to pay down debt asap (PPOR + IPs), have money for life's little niceties along the way and be able to consider retirement in 10-15 years.

Cheers.

12. spider

spider Well-Known Member

Navra

I live off the distributions and salary sacrifice my wage. I have been a member now for 3 years.

LS

13. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Have only been involved in investing with NAVRA Funds for about 1.5 to 2 years so can't really offer much and am not a customer of their financial planning arm, though have chatted with Roger and was impressed that he wasn't
    A- a Blood Sucking freak or
    B- a Grave Dancer

In fact after a half hour chat he said we were doing okay with our property and other investments at that stage (What The Heck..you mean you dont want my spare change, equity in my property or naming rights to my first born) he passed on some thoughts re our SMSF and property and that was it...

Have only seen Steve NAVRA speak once and I was impressed; I could imagine that some one on one would yield immense benefits

When you realise most Financial Planners realise the benefits of a trailing commision, encountering a group such as this is indeed a bonus

but thats just my 1.5c