Join our investing community

What is this product called?

Discussion in 'General Investing Discussion' started by DavidMc, 8th Jun, 2018.

  1. DavidMc

    DavidMc New Member

    5th Jun, 2006
    St Kilda East, VIC
    A long time ago, an Adviser (whom I've since lost touch with) tell me about a share based investment product. I can't remember what it was.

    This particular product was offered from a company called BlackRock, and it was a way to do a 'low cost index fund' type strategy, with recurring installments, where you owned the shares directly (and could sell them on the Sharemarket), rather than owning units in a trust or something like that.

    They explained it was better as if something happened to fund you own the shares directly.

    Does anyone know what this is? (newbie here!)
    twisted strategies likes this.
  2. Hodor

    Hodor Well-Known Member

    17th Sep, 2016
    Sounds like they are exchange traded funds (ETF). Specifically Blackrock iShares offerings, the broad index ones. IOZ is the ticker for the Australian market and i think IWLD for World ex Australia (check their website though).

    Vanguard is another company that offers similar.

    State street and betashares are some others.
    Last edited: 8th Jun, 2018
    twisted strategies likes this.